• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Are “TUF noobs” now considered seasoned MMA fans?

Y'all got it wrong its

Ufc 1 fan - boomer
Pride fan - gen x and z
Tuf noob
Brock noob
Conor/rhonda noob (all thee last one's could be milenials)
And anyone after 2018 is just a noob

I remember buying brand new Pride Fc VHS tapes back in the day.

Pride/Fedor era are for sure Boomers. It's been gone for over a decade and they still constantly bring up how great it was even when nobody is currently talking about it.
bwahahahahahahahahaha, as a late pride era boomer...

hahahahahahahhhaaaahahahahahaaaaaa

Nah, I watched UFC 1-7 at the end of 1995 at 4 years old, and then watched mma from there on with my family. Watched Pride Era, TUF 1 etc

I am seasoned

Anyone who actually bought a PRIDE ppv before the UFC bought them out is an absolute relic and historian of the sport at this point. And likely 50+ years of age.
I’m only 35...

I never bought one though... I used to download them on Kazaa or lime wire a day or two after the event. That part was torture. Had to avoid all mma outlets for a few days after an event

Last edited:
Yes the whole point of the stigma was because new casual fans were getting into MMA by watching a reality show and probably knew nothing about it outside of that.

That dynamic doesn't make sense anymore when the UFC is mainstream and no one watches TUF(does it even still exist? See, I don't even know because no one talks about TUF). The pre TUF MMA community is a tiny minority and even here they are a very rare species. The distinction between the TUF crowd and the earlier crowd is irelevant.
TUF made it easier for the earlier crowd to have something to watch.

well they are NOT old skool fans like me, look at my join date, plus been a fan since 1996, but they are not by any way a noob since TUF 1 has been a min...

EDIT: speaking of my join date made me think back a few years ago on here dude said hey you are a blue belt don't quote my post, or something like that he said lmao his join date I think was like 2016 or something close I said bish...... my join date is my BADGE on here... not a damn colored belt.

Last edited:
TUF GNUB is more of a mindset.

Its more like being a filthy disgusting casual

Why do you care? What's wrong with being a casual fan anyway?

My 2011 account should give a pretty good indication of how long I’ve been following the sport for. I’m only asking just to get a general idea. I’m sure there are some super hardcore seasoned fans here that would disagree.

If your account gives an idea of how long you've followed the sport, you've followed roughly the same time as me then 2010/2011 ish.

So the TUF Noobs would have followed the sport longer than both of us.

If you consider yourself a seasoned MMA fan then they are aswell my guy.

Anyone who actually bought a PRIDE ppv before the UFC bought them out is an absolute relic and historian of the sport at this point. And likely 50+ years of age.
Haha! I'm "only" 35!

The first UFC I watched was Tito/Ken at UFC40 because I was a WWF fan and wanted to watch Ken fight.

My 2011 account should give a pretty good indication of how long I’ve been following the sport for. I’m only asking just to get a general idea. I’m sure there are some super hardcore seasoned fans here that would disagree.

Just posting to see how long I've had this one...

Edit fuck I'm old

Nothing wrong with being on the mature end of the spectrum.

:)

I just thought it would be a fun conversation to be had
I love good discussions about MMA and boxing in general. If this is a real, sincere question, it's a good question to be honest. No problem about light hearted question regarding MMA in an MMA forum.

Matt Brown is considered an old guard, who is past his prime. Yet he was one of the young guys in TUF season 7, where Rampage and Forest coached. Rampage at that time had already fought for years in pride prior to coming to the UFC and is still fighting today for Belator. Talk about long careers.

Back