AR-15 Recommendations

Also to answer your question, the most usable stock if you're going fully compliant is probably the Thordsen Gen III. It gets around the thumbhole stock issue by having the stock never actually touch the buffer tube.

102062d4f4298e6580c855fd28679f1a.jpg

How much is that stock?

I'm not sure how it is in Orange, but in Kern I've never seen a compliant rifle (that includes ranges frequented by LEOs). I totally understand following the laws though.

Ventura County checking in. I am not the final authority on this but I'd go so far as to say Orange and Ventura are some of the more conservative counties in CA. If you were to say LA or SF, I'd say you are screwed.

+1 for the Thorsden stock; of all the featureless options, it's the one that best resembles a rifle I'd want to use but there seemed to be extra distance to reach for the trigger. Other than that, you just need either a muzzle brake or thread protector, and an Overall Length of over 30" . Now you got something looking more like a Ruger Mini14.

Oh, and get good at reloading. After July 1st, ammo purchases require a background check.

EDIT: OAL needs to be 30" or more.

Last edited:
Ventura County checking in. I am not the final authority on this but I'd go so far as to say Orange and Ventura are some of the more conservative counties in CA. If you were to say LA or SF, I'd say you are screwed.

+1 for the Thorsden stock; of all the featureless options, it's the one that best resembles a rifle I'd want to use but there seemed to be extra distance to reach for the trigger. Other than that, you just need either a muzzle brake or thread protector, and an Overall Length of over 26" . Now you got something looking more like a Ruger Mini14.

Oh, and get good at reloading. After July 1st, ammo purchases require a background check.

Sadly, it's only a matter of time before the goons in Sacramento figure out about reloading

I'm hoping for some good recommendations on an AR-15. I only have experience with hand guns and shotguns. I've been curious about rifles for a while now and with the recent crying over ARs, I want to purchase one while I can and because I can.
Price isn't an issue. What I'm interested in is ease of use and reliability. Unfortunately, I live in california. Please take this into account.

I shared this in another thread

AR style....
yWgDFBE.jpg

Reports are this thing is a tack driver.

AK style.....
Y03ylKO.jpg

Reports are this does not take regular AK mags.

Very cool. Ya, I saw that one in another thread. Thanks man.

One more, and what I think is the best cost no object battle rifle for Cali....

M1A SOCOM
84FC6E33-5A64-4AF9-9115-F31949B0E7F2.png

Last edited:
Want a semi-auto gun for CA?

Wait for the WWII surplus M1s to be released.

go with featureless, and i suggest the thordsen as well. i have the older gen, looks fugly but its a lot better and safer than the fixed mag. also, i have a spur grip and a enhanced trigger guard thats nys legal. (made by a guy from ny) on my AR9.
this is what it looks like - not my rifle
it may look weird but ergonomically it feels just like a pistol grip!
give this set up a go, you wont be disappointed.

b6abae5a-99d4-434a-b5bb-f817495e10ed-jpeg.20271

daf5148b-af00-4a19-98fd-9e8415265edf-jpeg.20272

My computer won't let me see the pics for some reason. And thanks.

I wonder about people some times......

I love the sage chassis, but not on a Garand.
B77F9AF2-A35A-4079-8E19-E68CE7D79C47.jpeg

My computer won't let me see the pics for some reason. And thanks.
you mean the enhanced trigger guard i was referring to? attaching it again.

Attachments

• B6ABAE5A-99D4-434A-B5BB-F817495E10ED.jpg
    B6ABAE5A-99D4-434A-B5BB-F817495E10ED.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 9
  • DAF5148B-AF00-4A19-98FD-9E8415265EDF.jpg
    DAF5148B-AF00-4A19-98FD-9E8415265EDF.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 10
I want an M1 Garand just to own an M1 Garand.

I must hear that trademark *ping* someday in person.
its a must have! not only is it great to shoot, its definitely an eye candy on the wall
;)

Attachments

• IMG_1478.JPG
    IMG_1478.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 9
Back