Apple today looking to become a huge player in potentially gaming consoles?

$3500...

Yeah, good luck with that. The consumers of this thing, can put it next to their dusty Segway when they're done with it.

Unity shares surged 26% after Apple on Monday said it's working with the game-development software maker as part of the release of its Apple Vision Pro headset. The announcement led to a brief halting in Unity trading and led to the stock's biggest jump since the company's initial public offering in 2020.

Apple is working to build the third-party ecosystem of apps people will be able to use in the $3,499 device. The iPhone maker said Adobe, Cisco and Microsoft are among the companies creating Vision Pro apps.

I just heard something interesting I hear they maybe making this product in Vietnam VS China due to recent issues with China and the US. They may not even sell the product in China and maybe looking to India to setup shop. They are making these high resolution panels in South Korea.

from 'communist' china to "communist" vietnam. the irony is palpable.

<{outtahere}>

anyway, i suspect this is a nothingburger, but i think strapping shit to our faces is dumb as hell, so... i was never the target market. apple is a fucking cult and their sheeple will continue to be happily fleeced by anything apple sells, regardless of how fucking stupid it is. apple's already been walled off from the rest of the world, might as well cap it off with a $3500 viewfinder.

from 'communist' china to "communist" vietnam. the irony is palpable.

<{outtahere}>

anyway, i suspect this is a nothingburger, but i think strapping shit to our faces is dumb as hell, so... i was never the target market. apple is a fucking cult and their sheeple will continue to be happily fleeced by anything apple sells, regardless of how fucking stupid it is. apple's already been walled off from the rest of the world, might as well cap it off with a $3500 viewfinder.
F man do you ever not sound like a F'ing dick? Seriously do you have issues?

I'm probably going to have a hard pass on the Apple Vision Pro with a price of 3.5K. In addition, I won't be getting the most use out of it without owning the MAC to airlink like it. The 3D camera that allows you to play and play pictures in 3D is cool as well as being in attendence to sports events in 3D sounds nice but I think Meta-Horizon Venues has somewhat an early alpha version of that already for 3D events.

<BidenShutIt>

holy hypocrisy, batman.

i was pointing out the irony in going from a quasi communist supplier to a country that's actually communist. it's fucking ironic.

ad-hom away, whatever makes you feel better.

eta: wsb brought the lulz

Last edited:

edit: lolz @ ninja deletions even in this amazing thread. sherdog gonna sherdog

Last edited:

because some people have a certain product...the public sees them as brand loyalist, and then go on and hate that person because of it. It's how the tech world has always been...its pretty bad in the console world. And its just as bad in the mobile world.

As for me, i have a PC laptop, a Samsung QLED tv, a PS5 and an iPhone...if i said this in the console thread then the Xbox fanboys will roast me for having a PS5. But because i'm in the mobile thread, then the Samsung people will roast me for having an iPhone.
If you don't buy what they personally like, then you are either a sheeple or a bot...basically saying that you are unable of thinking.

I find it all stupid, i don't care what other people buy...why should they care what i buy. Are they giving me the money? Or am i earning the money myself?

because some people have a certain product...the public sees them as brand loyalist, and then go on and hate that person because of it. It's how the tech world has always been...its pretty bad in the console world. And its just as bad in the mobile world.

As for me, i have a PC laptop, a Samsung QLED tv, a PS5 and an iPhone...if i said this in the console thread then the Xbox fanboys will roast me for having a PS5. But because i'm in the mobile thread, then the Samsung people will roast me for having an iPhone.
If you don't buy what they personally like, then you are either a sheeple or a bot...basically saying that you are unable of thinking.

I find it all stupid, i don't care what other people buy...why should they care what i buy. Are they giving me the money? Or am i earning the money myself?

Thats how I feel about it. I try to look at it objectively. The Apple vision is great for consumers who want to showcase their presentation and always in zoom meetings. I could see it working well for freelance artists and probably engineers who need to work with 3D environment like mechanics. A huge plus for people who already have Mac products that they can link the VR headset to.

I see it working a whole lot better than what Metaquest pro was trying to aim for in terms of work environment . Not so great for gaming or if you have android phones, intels and ryzen pc processors since you wont really be able to link to any of those apps or experience any of the games from your library.

I guess for a standalone unit its great if you want the full movie experience, sporting events and eventually attending concerts in VR. I do think as an alterntive metaverse will be providing more of those in thefuture as a rival but it wont have the same OLED hardware that Apple has because of them trying to stay in the affordable pricing and patent issues. Perhaps I will see how the Vision Pro plays out in a year ,wait to see if it would drop the pricing down to 2k instead and then pick it up for the augmented features.

Thats how I feel about it. I try to look at it objectively. The Apple vision is great for consumers who want to showcase their presentation and always in zoom meetings. I could see it working well for freelance artists and probably engineers who need to work with 3D environment like mechanics. A huge plus for people who already have Mac products that they can link the VR headset to.

I see it working a whole lot better than what Metaquest pro was trying to aim for in terms of work environment . Not so great for gaming or if you have android phones, intels and ryzen pc processors since you wont really be able to link to any of those apps or experience any of the games from your library.

I guess for a standalone unit its great if you want the full movie experience, sporting events and eventually attending concerts in VR. I do think as an alterntive metaverse will be providing more of those in thefuture as a rival but it wont have the same OLED hardware that Apple has because of them trying to stay in the affordable pricing and patent issues. Perhaps I will see how the Vision Pro plays out in a year ,wait to see if it would drop the pricing down to 2k instead and then pick it up for the augmented features.

I agree.
and at the price point, i don't see it as necessary to get for me personally. I don't do any of those things you mentioned for work, so i wouldn't be using it beyond movies, sports watching...if it was able to connect to my PS5 and was able to use it as an alternative for psvr2 (which would never happen), then i may give it a second thought. But currently, its a no for me...eventhough it does seem cool.

In my field of work, just need MS word, excel and internet...nothing fancy.

The killer app would be shared experiences with family members. You be able to ether in the same room or different room or rooms.

This explains why no media outlets where allowed to show them using it Disney and ABC wanted to be the first to show someone outside of Apple using it. All the other even big ones where not allowed. They brought up the first cellphone costing 4000 dollars when it was released it would be 11000 in todays d0llars.

A friend of mine who has a number of ties to Apple people heard they are still developing Apple glasses VS this Vision Pro device. He heard they admitted they where not as far along in the development of it as they hoped. It also lacks the very high resolution displays in the vision and was slated to be AR out of the gate. Tim Cook told them they need to move forward and release the vision a higher end and more expensive device now and the true consumer focused device later.

He also said that the displays in the headset costs Apple around 300 each just 600 for the displays to be manufactured in quantity. He also downplayed the significance of the price because the visual quality will blow people away. On a side note Big Screen Beyond that requires you to have lighthouses and custom made head pad is getting a huge display and much wider field of view upgrade. So it seems even though Apples out of the gate first with this insane over 4K per eye micro-OLED displays a lot of companies are developing them. As I said already that all headsets have to get smaller and have micro-OLED displays in 2024 to complete.

Tim knew that these micro-OLED displays will start showing up everywhere and that he mentioned that Apple has 5000 patents on the various aspects of the device because the rush for these headsets are coming in strong. Another piece of news the FOV is only slightly better then the Meta Quest and that for me is a deal breaker if that turns out true. The Valve Index a 2019 device has a wider field of view much wider and many new smaller ones like the big screen beyond have at least 110 to 120 FOV.

Back