Apple today looking to become a huge player in potentially gaming consoles?

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
Apple setting up what could be the biggest products introductions in the history of the company. I know a lot of people hate on Apple but they are getting ready potentially a huge number of exclusive titles for a product launch?

While everyone is talking about Apples entry int the VR/AR space what no one really talking about and could be a huge game changer is their new exclusive gaming titles. This could be tied to the Apple Reality Pro headset or gaming on a handheld "think of Steam Deck" a number of hugely popular Japanese game developers have been setting up on the stage some wild demos.

Don't knock it because they are getting ready to shake things up. Apparently some very exclusive game developers have been given very early access with in development hardware and are very excited about the possibilities and could have demos on display. Such a lockdown of the show floor that it's under heavy security as Apple feels enough leaks have been dropped to get people interested in something big.

It will be streamed apparently at 1 pm EST today? Some things talked about is XROS, Apple Reality Pro Headset, a number of gaming exclusive titles, an entirely new IOS and Mac OS, possibly a new gaming offering and a lot more.

"
Apple’s (AAPL) Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) kicks off at 1 p.m. ET on June 5, and if the rumors are to be believed, it could be one of the biggest Apple events in recent history. That’s because the iPhone maker is largely expected to launch its long-awaited VR/AR headset at the big show.

The headset, which Apple has been working on for years, would be the first new major product category from Apple since it debuted the Apple Watch in 2014. And there’s a lot riding on the device. Not only will the headset have a direct impact on CEO Tim Cook’s legacy, it could also determine Apple’s future beyond the iPhone.

While the VR/AR headgear will certainly be the star of the show, it’s not the only thing Apple will show off. Here’s everything we expect out of the tech giant at WWDC 2023.

The Reality Pro headset
Apple’s headset, which Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman says will be called the Reality Pro, will likely be all people are talking about after the event. Gurman, who seemingly has a preternatural ability to find out what’s going on inside Apple’s walls, says the headset will cost around $3,000 and feature a design similar to a pair of ski goggles.

Apple Inc. (AAPL)"

I'm pretty sceptical. Their M architecture hasn't been all that popular with game devs and less and less games are being developed for Mac. It could be for mobile developers where they have a lot of clout, but IDK if that's going to sell consoles.

Oh here is a link to the stream.

I think it would be really hard to compete with the big three in the gaming console market right now. Even Microsoft is still struggling despite massive investments.

my co-worker were just thinking about that...how MS is currently struggling this gen (obviously still time to turn it around). And we figured maybe Apple should be developers like Sega first and release them on the current consoles. And if they prove to be successful then they can think about making their own console. I mean look what happened to Google and Stadia

I hear from a number of people who had been given updates an assured me it will break the internet. It sets Apple’s path for the next decade. Some areas have been in the works since 2014.

So far no talk about Vision Pro gaming or simulation because Simulations are a big business. 3D camera is interesting.

Disney stuff looks insane if it is anything like that stuff.

the stuff they're showing seems interesting, wonder how the battery life will be

the stuff they're showing seems interesting, wonder how the battery life will be
They just said the battery life is two hours and external battery you could just replace it.

Higher resolution then 4k per eye and HDR level performance.

Will the entry into gaming this time be more successful than the pippin?

When they tried Pippin Apple was on it's death bed not a two trillion dollar company and they where responding to Sony PS1. They had no idea how to market it and the money to back it.

Uses your Iris to identify you minority report anyone?
LOL

5000 patents really?

$3500.00 that will be a hard sell at first. So about the price of two Iphone 14's.

Uses your Iris to identify you minority report anyone?
LOL

when they showed the sports watching, i thought it looked amazing. It's like you're at a bar with multiple screens.

and they just annouced it will be $3499...thats probably USD....so would be like $4999 CAD

Reactions: PEB
when they showed the sports watching, i thought it looked amazing. It's like you're at a bar with multiple screens.

and they just annouced it will be $3499...thats probably USD....so would be like $4999 CAD
When I thought about the price I hear from reliable sources many parts are assembled by hand due to Tim's demands on the design esthetic and packaging. Not unlike the most high end 30k watches. So really as they pointed out you eliminate the need for a 100 inch display and all that goes with it.

Back