Apparently the Arnold / Stallone rivalry was very real

5C3Zzf.gif

Sylvester you son of a bitch

I knew they were competitive and have heard Sly say he really hated Arnold for a long time. But i always thought they were kind of in cahoots and found the rivalry mutually beneficial. But lol man I didn't realize ... I guess Sly wasn't exagerrating when he said he used to hate him.

For instance, there was the time a journalist wrote a piece claiming Arnold was a closet Hitler lover and that his dad was a nazi whose job it was to round up Jews for concentration camps, and that his dad was also an abusive alcoholic.

Well, her source was later revealed to be Sly. And she says Sly paid her legal fees when Arnold sued for libel <lol>

<escalate99>

Lol that's pretty low, Stallone.

Anyway Wikipedia has an article detailing their fued and there were some events I'd never heard before, so thought I'd share here.

Didn't Sly also start the Richard Gere gerbil story because they both didn't get along in a movie they both starred in?

Stallone got back at Arnold by calling him up in the late 90's and saying, "Ey, yo, Arnie! It's me, Sly. I saw some pictures of your maid. She's pure fire man. I'm thinking about hittin' that! Can you throw me her number?" and then Arnold was like, "Fuck that asshole. You ah naht gonna tap a woman under mah roof!"

9 months later:

View attachment 1049625

And Stallone be like:

View attachment 1049626
Well he had to plant his seed had to be infused with a half ogre to give us the super soldier that he always wanted since The elite Kennedy gene gave him two girly man sons

Last edited:
If they resented each other that much they would not have gone into business together with Planet Hollywood.

Just started Tulsa King and damn does Sly deliver.

Both he and Arnold have definitely improved as actors in their older years. Sly especially.

I always thought the running joke that Arnold can't act is dumb.

Yeah, Hercules in New York was rough. But by the mid-80's or so his acting was fine. Not that he's ever going to win an Oscar, and many of his deliveries are done with a wink toward the audience. But he's good within the context of his own films.

And I will fight anyone who says the ending of T2 wasn't goddamn perfection.

I think Sly might have tricked Arnie right back with many of his films since True Lies

Last edited:
I think either MAX or HULU has some sort of interview show with both of them possibly together.

Sly is more of an artist, and possibly a more believable action star (I think he's more athletic than Arnold. Or at least he appears so in film).

But Arnold's stable of iconic characters (Terminator, Conan, Dutch) makes him the undisputed king of action movies.

I love Terminator, Conan and Dutch but Sly has Rambo, Rocky and Judge Dredd, not to mention John Spartan the Demolition Man

Last edited:
I've always heard Armold wears lifts too and is probably 5'10 or 5'11 at best. But still taller than Sly lol
this def true, he walked right by me at work in 2020. Two things. 1. I was shocked that out of nowhere there was the Terminator randomly and 2. He wasn't nearly as tall as I expected, I'm pretty short at 5'9 and he wasn't much taller. I'd say 5'10 or 5'11. Maybe he shrunk a few inches in his 70's?

It's a damn shame a studio or bigtime director couldn't make a teamup movie happen in the 80s. What a massively missed opportunity.

this def true, he walked right by me at work in 2020. Two things. 1. I was shocked that out of nowhere there was the Terminator randomly and 2. He wasn't nearly as tall as I expected, I'm pretty short at 5'9 and he wasn't much taller. I'd say 5'10 or 5'11. Maybe he shrunk a few inches in his 70's?
He's in his 70s. People shrink. Compressed spine, posture, etc.

I love Terminator Conan and Dutch but Sly has Rambo, Rocky and Judge Dredd, not to mention John Spartan the Demolition Man
Judge Dredd? I haven't seen that since it was in theatres, wasn't it atrocious? That's how I remember it

Judge Dredd? I haven't seen that since it was in theatres, wasn't it atrocious? That's how I remember it

No man it was awesome, you remember it wrong, maybe you are thinking of Mr Nanny

No man it was awesome, you remember it wrong, maybe you are thinking of Mr Nanny
Mr Nanny? Wtf?

Are you jerkin my gerkin and trying to get me to watch stupid movies to enrage me?

Judge dredd has a rating of 5.6 in imdb. From memory I think that is being generous.

Back