Anyone willing to sponsor me?

WRoutson

Purple Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
I was looking to compete in the Arnolds this year in Columbus,and was wondering if any of the companies that post here would be willing to sponsor me? All I would ask for is that you pay for the cost to compete in the tournement,and I will wear a shirt or rashguard with the logo of your company on it,or a patch to wear on a gi.Here is some footage of my competing in an amateur MMA event.Go the the 20:15 mark or so on the video.I won with a footlock in about 30 some seconds.

HTML:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5595313671883931572&q=gracie+fighting+challenge

Thanks.

It would be 90 dollars preregistered.That would be for the Amateur Men's Gi & No-Gi tournies.

Adino said:
dude sweet heel hook :wink:

That was a toe hold. Sweet nontheless. I liked the fro too.

"They have MMA GI? wtf? I though that died in the 90s! "

It's just grappling.I'd consider the MMA tourney.

KzFactoryRumina said:
what are you talking about?

There was an old poster around here with Rumina and/or Sato in his handle who claimed to have dated Pride Ring girls, but if that was true, then I'm Randy Orton. This was a few years ago, so details would escape me.

White Snake said:
There was an old poster around here with Rumina and/or Sato in his handle who claimed to have dated Pride Ring girls, but if that was true, then I'm Randy Orton. This was a few years ago, so details would escape me.

Holy crap your Randy Orton! That is sooooo cool...er waite...oh I get it :redface:

No that would not be me.I dont even remember when I created this handle.

Ron from SSF was kinda enough to particpate in this venture.Anyone from Sprawl,Nogi,Casca-Grossa,or any of the other companies that post on here want to split the cost? It's cheap advertising,and win or lose,I'm always an exciting fighter!

So you want someone to give you free gear AND pay your entry fee? I am suprised SSF is doing it, and I doubt anyone else will.

Bob if the guy is talented enough to get sponcers then fair play to him

I'm not asking for free gear.I mean christ I'd just take a shirt with their logo on it if that's all they wanted to give me.I'll take whatever I can get.

Sprawl was willing to give a bunch of gear to random people who I would probably tap,so I figure why not try and get a sponsor for the Arnolds.I think it's fair.I train with a guy in Cincinnati who is sponsored by Cut Throat & Underhook and I tap him all the time,I figure I might as well try and get a sponsor if guys I know I can beat get sponsored.

I am affiliated with Team Strong Style in Cleveland,and I am going to begin training with Team Jorge Gurgel in Cincinnati.,

Who is the best guy you've tapped in competition, what belt are you and so on and such forth.

Sorry I've never done this before. If you guys are just going to criticize me about this I'll just go elsewhere,I just thought this forum would be a good opportunity to see if I could get a sponsor.

BTW, I didnt realize Ronin1 was a Casca-Grossa affiliate.

I'm 1-0 in Amateur MMA,1-0 in Amateur Shootfighting,2-1 in submission grappling.I havent been able to compete much because I usually don't have that much money,and I've finally gained enough weight to be a legitimate 155 lber.

So pardon me for asking,if you guys are gonna throw that big of a fit about it then I take back my request.Obviously I'm not good enough to be sponsored in the eyes of you keyboard warriors.

KzFactoryRumina said:
Sorry I've never done this before. If you guys are just going to criticize me about this I'll just go elsewhere,I just thought this forum would be a good opportunity to see if I could get a sponsor.

BTW, I didnt realize Ronin1 was a Casca-Grossa affiliate.

I'm 1-0 in Amateur MMA,1-0 in Amateur Shootfighting,2-1 in submission grappling.I havent been able to compete much because I usually don't have that much money,and I've finally gained enough weight to be a legitimate 155 lber.

So pardon me for asking,if you guys are gonna throw that big of a fit about it then I take back my request.Obviously I'm not good enough to be sponsored in the eyes of you keyboard warriors.
Bro relax, normally I would admit that there are a bunch of trolls on here, but in this case, everyone is cool and a few are just playing with you. Here's some advice. Try to work something out with your instructor to help cover the cose of competing. If he believes in you, he will help, because you will only make his school look better. If not, don't sweat it, keep competing untill you get better. As far as gear, your best bet is to call up the small companies personally. Tell them who you are and where/when you'll be competing. More than a few will send out a T-shirt or rashguard to wear because it helps there buisness and is cheap advertisement. Follow my advice and you'll be fine. If you need any other help, pm me. Merry Christmas.
_Jamison

Back