Anyone sold on patient Whittaker being able to outstrike Izzy? Cause i am

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
We saw what Jan did to Izzy with patience. Whittaker is a faster more technical striker than Jan. I believe Whittaker had the wrong gameplan for Izzy last time. Running in like that with no regard for the counters seemed like a smart thing to do then, but with time it's been proven Izzy is one of the most dangerous counter punchers today. Rob's attack will be different and i think he can do it... Close to a 50/50 fight. 60/40 Izzy imo.

Outstrike no but maybe after tonight I believe he could be patient enough to survive the early rounds this time and implement the grappling in the later rounds

Izzy range to far. Bobby does not have Jan power. If Bobby could avoid getting KO’d and later rounds 3 on tie-up Izzy he might have a modest chance but Izzy comfortably favored.

We saw what Jan did to Izzy with patience. Whittaker is a faster more technical striker than Jan. I believe Whittaker had the wrong gameplan for Izzy last time. Running in like that with no regard for the counters seemed like a smart thing to do then, but with time it's been proven Izzy is one of the most dangerous counter punchers today. Rob's attack will be different and i think he can do it... Close to a 50/50 fight. 60/40 Izzy imo.
tenor.gif

He still has that lunging looping open style. I can't see how things would change despite him thinking hes got tricks up his sleeve. Fighters can rarely change their styles unless they are still new to the sport.

No

Yes, I am! I have been for a while. And if you think about it, if Robert can beat Izzy, he inmediately is one of the best MW's ever and surpasses Izzy, right?

Izzy has more tools. Don't get me wrong Whittaker looked great but that's because Kelvin is only looking for that left hand, way too one dimensional

i honestly believe that last time his head wasnt together (what was it, he had to donate bone marrow to save his daughters life or something. which would be enough to throw any father off their game) and got smashed due to his stupid insistence to force the action and chase izzy.

this time izzy will be facing a focused wittaker. im looking forward to watching them both fight each other at their best.

Rob put on a masterclass last night, it was good to see him back.

Still, Kelvin ain't Izzy and Izzy's reach will be a problem.

Lol no, he got knocked out twice in their first fight. The only guy who has a serious shot is Vettori.

Back