Anyone remember...

dipstickjimmy

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Dana White was super critical with a fighter getting a title shot coming off of a loss in the competition. I was thinking it was a Fedor fight like the Brett Rogers fight but that wasn't it that one.
Now that I think of it I believe it was Rogers getting a SF title shot against Overeem.
Seems a little hypocritical now that DW has booked 2 champions to defend against fighters who have lost 2 in a row. Cejudo choosing his contender and defending against Aldo and Israel defending against Yoel Romero is crazy.

I think they will be good fights to watch but I think it erodes any value of the UFC title as being "The Best" in the world. Sterling and Yan are 1 & 2 at BW and both available as far as I know.

Costa is injured but Yoel can't even make weight let alone win a fight FFS. Cannonier is available and so is Till. Whittaker (I know he is dealing with something personal) would have been a better choice then Yoel IMO.

Feels like the UFC is becoming more like boxing in the senseless matchmaking.

Dana White was super critical with a fighter getting a title shot coming off of a loss in the competition. I was thinking it was a Fedor fight like the Brett Rogers fight but that wasn't it that one.
Now that I think of it I believe it was Rogers getting a SF title shot against Overeem.
Seems a little hypocritical now that DW has booked 2 champions to defend against fighters who have lost 2 in a row. Cejudo choosing his contender and defending against Aldo and Israel defending against Yoel Romero is crazy.

I think they will be good fights to watch but I think it erodes any value of the UFC title as being "The Best" in the world. Sterling and Yan are 1 & 2 at BW and both available as far as I know.

Costa is injured but Yoel can't even make weight let alone win a fight FFS. Cannonier is available and so is Till. Whittaker (I know he is dealing with something personal) would have been a better choice then Yoel IMO.

Yoel made weight 15 times, missed once when he took a fight on short notice to save the card and now he “can’t make weight”.
<DisgustingHHH>
You’re suck a dipstick Jimmy.

Yoel made weight 15 times, missed once when he took a fight on short notice to save the card and now he “can’t make weight”.
<DisgustingHHH>
He's missed weight 2 out of his last three fights...

He's missed weight 2 out of his last three fights...
You mean that time he missed by a fifth of a lb because he wasn’t given the full two hours he was entitled to, because the commissioner had to leave after only an hour to catch the Cubs game?

Try to at least get your facts straight before starting threads

they have no confidence that canon cant sell the ppv

<DisgustingHHH>

Yoel has had weight problems more than once.

Plus lets not get into how many times he cheats in every fight he's in. Dude always seems to get magically eyepoked or groin shotted. Just a coincidence I'm sure, nothing to do with him gassing after every 5 second flurry...

<DisgustingHHH>

Yoel was already preparing for a fight around the same time. He had a month notice and a full fight camp. Didn't make weight.

He won that fight and still got a title shot. Then he missed weight for the title shot too.

He hasn't won a fight as a MW since 2016.

Yoel has had weight problems more than once.

Plus lets not get into how many times he cheats in every fight he's in. Dude always seems to get magically eyepoked or groin shotted. Just a coincidence I'm sure, nothing to do with him gassing after every 5 second flurry...
I already addressed both incidents, one was him stepping in on short notice to save a ppv, and the other was him getting screwed by the commissioner.

Yoel was already preparing for a fight around the same time. He had a month notice and a full fight camp. Didn't make weight.

He won that fight and still got a title shot. Then he missed weight for the title shot too.

He hasn't won a fight as a MW since 2016.
Sounds like you’ll be pretty salty if he beats Israel huh?
bork1}

<DisgustingHHH>
He missed weight in two of his last three fights. Both were scheduled to be title fights BTW. Who is the dipstick when you can't even count to two.

Try to at least get your facts straight before starting threads
OK I will.
Any chance you could give me some facts? Like perhaps you might start with what it is you believe I have wrong?

You mean that time he missed by a fifth of a lb because he wasn’t given the full two hours he was entitled to, because the commissioner had to leave after only an hour to catch the Cubs game?
Yes the second consecutive title fight where he knew for months in advance and he didn't make weight last time and he still missed. That was the time, UFC 225 June 9th, 2018.

I agree with the general sentiment you're trying to convey. Ranking doesn't matter anymore. Why does the UFC even officially rank the fighters? We all know Uncle Dana is just going to put up what ever makes him the most money.

I think I preferred this sport when it was more niche instead of mainstream. Nowadays it's not about who deserves to be up next, it's about who is the $ fight.

ya sorry no.

aldo> yan and sterling

yoe> cannonaier and till

so if anything UFC is making the best fights.

ya sorry no.

aldo> yan and sterling

yoe> cannonaier and till

so if anything UFC is making the best fights.
Aldo lost his last two. He lost his debut at BW. I like Aldo and I do like the fight but it still reeks of ......I don't even know what???

Aldo's Legacy > Yan or Sterling.
at BW based on record Yan and Sterling > Aldo. With your logic Frankie Edgar can lose his BW debut and get the next shot as his Legacy is > anyone in the UFC BW division.

Yoel losing his last two title fights is bad enough but he also missed weight. That used to be enough to get a guy cut from the UFC in itself. How about Yoel make the 185 limit and win a fight to get a title shot. What if he misses again for a fight with Israel? The Nevada State AC cancelled a fight on the card tonight because a fighter missed weight. Imagine if that happens again and they cancel the Main Event because Yoel can't get to 185.

Aldo lost his last two. He lost his debut at BW. I like Aldo and I do like the fight but it still reeks of ......I don't even know what???

Aldo's Legacy > Yan or Sterling.
at BW based on record Yan and Sterling > Aldo. With your logic Frankie Edgar can lose his BW debut and get the next shot as his Legacy is > anyone in the UFC BW division.

Yoel losing his last two title fights is bad enough but he also missed weight. That used to be enough to get a guy cut from the UFC in itself. How about Yoel make the 185 limit and win a fight to get a title shot. What if he misses again for a fight with Israel? The Nevada State AC cancelled a fight on the card tonight because a fighter missed weight. Imagine if that happens again and they cancel the Main Event because Yoel can't get to 185.

im pretty sure frankie has gotten a lot of title fights. the yan and sterling fights do nothing for me. they can get their shots after aldo or fight each other.

Ill take that risk. yoel does not habitually miss weight.

Ill take that risk. yoel does not habitually Make weight.
FTFY
Yoel has missed weight in 2 of his last 3 fights that were booked at MW. The guy has been booked for 3 UFC MW title fights and he missed weight in 2 of them. 66% of his MW title fights he missed weight. What is he missed weight again for this Israel fight and the commission cancels the fight last minute? Will you be OK with that?

Back