Anyone playing Wildstar?

Dunsta

CHILLIN
@Brown
Reaction score
Interested in checking this out but hesitant to drop $60 on it, anyone playing how are you liking it?

Tried it. Was not impressed. I play ESO right meow. I know ESO gets a lot of hate, but I still think it's the best AAA MMO on the market. I like a lot of the sandbox games (especially DF2) better, but I don't have the time required to play those.

ESO looks a little clunky like a shitty adaptation of elder scrolls.
Any chance you guys have a free guest pass for Wildstar from trying it out?

I do not. I tried it on a friend's computer.

ESO is definitely significantly less clunky than a single player Elder Scrolls game, but yeah it's not smooth like a good FPS or anything. I just like the class system in ESO a lot. The builds are very open to be pretty much whatever you want them to be, and PVP is good.

It's definitely lacking in PVE content, so if that's your thing I'd wait it out. The dungeons are awesome but they give little to no experience on replays so you're pretty much wasting your time to run them each more than once. It's probably the stupidest game mechanic I've ever experienced. They just basically threw what could have been hours of fun into the garbage by taking away the replay value of dungeons. I don't even mean just the open public dungeons that bots farm. The four man instances also grant no exp on replays.

They recently added some new endgame PVE content, but I haven't played it yet so I can't give feedback. I've heard it's good.

/endrant

I like it, has some cool features, warplots are fun, the adventures at lvl 25 are cool, and the combat is pretty nice. It does carry over a lot of wow/mmo play styles. Its not a GREAT game, but its pretty good. I still like GW2 the best. HATED ESO, especially the pve mechanics. Ill see if I can get you a guest pass, but 1 thing, the starting area is SO LAME, its pretty terrible, but once you get passed that it is a lot better. Still shaking my head at the horrible starting area.

That'd be awesome if you could get the guest pass, always a shitty situation to have to buy a game to just check out if you like it. They should have some trial

That'd be awesome if you could get the guest pass, always a shitty situation to have to buy a game to just check out if you like it. They should have some trial

pfft if MMOs started having trials in the first year after release how would they fuck people into feeling obligated to play games that aren't ready yet? lol

How would they sell shitty games if they had trials?

I play it casually, I am like level 28 in it. Its a solid MMO. But, the first 15 levels suck. Its really boring and then it starts to open up....the higher I get, the realization of how complex the game is sets in. I bought it thinking I would raid a lot again but as I play I find myself liking the idea of just PvPing as its a lot of fun. The telegraphs start to get crazy around 25 when they start moving and changing patterns in large areas, also a lot of named mobs get 2-3 stacks of interupt armor which make them virtually impossible to solo and push you into groups to kill as you need 3 interupts just to interupt the cast that would chunk half your HP.

Pretty mixed reviews from the Sherdog realm but I think I'm going to bite the bullet and pick it up this week sometime. There's quite a few MMO's out right now besides WoW and they may be better but I guess the excitement in Wildstar is it's just out so shouldn't be too far behind the other players.

Pretty mixed reviews from the Sherdog realm but I think I'm going to bite the bullet and pick it up this week sometime. There's quite a few MMO's out right now besides WoW and they may be better but I guess the excitement in Wildstar is it's just out so shouldn't be too far behind the other players.

Well if you ever followed metacritic, MMOs tend to get slammed by users due to launch issues and praised by website reviews. Wildstar has only one website review and over 400 user reviews averaging 8.2-8.3 in the first week and most of the negative reviews were in the small window when they had server issues or just have technical issues in general. I would have to say it had probably the smoothes MMO launch ever including every WoW expansion which had minor problems but over all fairly smooth launches for them.

Only took a couple hours after I posted last, one trip to Walmart with a Gamestop nearby and I'll be in the Nexus soon enough!

What server are y'all all on? I just got a guest pass and am downloading it now. Would love to start up with other people as I tend do burn out of any mmo I play solo haha.

bloodsworn or something like that, will have to look when I get home.

When will it be F2P?

;D

But for real, I don't wanna pay $60 and then $15 a month. I'm over sub-based games(although I understand it's a bit different in WS).

After buying ESO and Wildstar I'm pretty confident I'll never purchase a sub based game again. Neither has impressed me enough to warrant another monthly bill for a video game (I've played WoW since Vanilla, that's enough for me). I cancelled my ESO sub within the first month and I'll probably do the same with Wildstar.

A'ight, well i ended upg etting impatient and rolling anyways on some pvp server. I'm like level 6-7 now, and while it's fun. I don't know if I'd pay 60$ for it...though I"ve heard it gets a lot better later on. so we'll see.

I ended up rolling on Warbringer PVP server. Little put off when I discovered there's still an option to turn pvp off/on? Not sure what it entails if it's on or off at this point but hope it's not a true "no pvp" if you have it turned off. Otherwise what's the point of even having pvp/pve servers if there's just an option to turn off/on.

As any MMORPG goes, can't judge it by first 10 levels maybe even first 15-20. The pvp seems like it could be pretty fun with the dodging and telegraph moves.

I ended up rolling on Warbringer PVP server. Little put off when I discovered there's still an option to turn pvp off/on? Not sure what it entails if it's on or off at this point but hope it's not a true "no pvp" if you have it turned off. Otherwise what's the point of even having pvp/pve servers if there's just an option to turn off/on.

As any MMORPG goes, can't judge it by first 10 levels maybe even first 15-20. The pvp seems like it could be pretty fun with the dodging and telegraph moves.

PvP Servers: On a PvP Ruleset server, PvP flagging is determined based on the zone your character is in. If you are in a zone that is affiliated with your faction, you

Back