Anyone play Pride FC for PS2?

• Thread starter Deleted member 509215
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 509215

I remember buying it over a decade ago at the local Gamecrazy/Hollywood video and man that was a great mma game. The style for the fighters i remember was done really well too. Then a year or so later the first UFC Undisputed dropped and that had everyone's attention.

Any other Sherbros play/own it?

Great game. I miss it. I even liked the first UFC Xbox it dreamcast.

Yeah I liked it.

Also liked ufc sudden impact and K1 world gp.

Still have them, can't find pfc though.

I remember buying it over a decade ago at the local Gamecrazy/Hollywood video and man that was a great mma game. The style for the fighters i remember was done really well too. Then a year or so later the first UFC Undisputed dropped and that had everyone's attention.

Any other Sherbros play/own it?

It actually came out in 2003 and Undisputed came out in 2009. Back in the day my PS2 broke, but I also had a GameCube so I didn't get another PS2. I would always see the Pride game on the shelves back then, but I they didn't have it for GameCube.

I remember the Dreamcast had a pretty fun UFC game though. It was actually pre Zuffa.

It actually came out in 2003 and Undisputed came out in 2009. Back in the day my PS2 broke, but I also had a GameCube so I didn't get another PS2. I would always see the Pride game on the shelves back then, but I they didn't have it for GameCube.

I remember the Dreamcast had a pretty fun UFC game though. It was actually pre Zuffa.

Yes however I didn't own PRIDE FC til around around 2007-2008. But yeah I never played the dreamcast one, tbh I didn't know there was a mma game released on that awesome console

Played that game for months with friends. Shut off the vitality bar and play tourneys with people. So much fun.

I actually played it on xmas eve and it really holds up.

I owned this for the PS2, it was really good.

I also played the sequel (only released in Japan), Pride GP Grand Prix 2003 on an emulator. It was the better game.

It had a much better roster, as well:

Fedor Emelianenko
Mark Coleman
Kazushi Sakuraba
Mirko Cro Cop
Wanderlei Silva
Quinton Jackson
Don Frye
Gary Goodridge
Carlos Newton
Murilo Ninja
Alistar Overeem
Takayama
Ricardo Arona
Antinio Rodrigo Nogeuira
Daijiro Matsui
Igor Vovchanchyn
Kevin Randleman
Anderson Silva
Dan Henderson
Rodrigo Gracie
Ryan Gracie
Heath Herring
Hidehiko Yoshida
Kazuhiro Hamanaka
Nino Schembri
Shungo Oyama
Akira Shoji
Enson Inoue
Semmy Schilt
Unlockable: Nubohiko Takada

I also played the sequel (only released in Japan), Pride GP Grand Prix 2003 on an emulator. It was the better game.

Fedor Emelianenko
Mark Coleman
Kazushi Sakuraba
Mirko Cro Cop
Wanderlei Silva
Quinton Jackson
Don Frye
Gary Goodridge
Carlos Newton
Murilo Ninja
Alistar Overeem
Takayama
Ricardo Arona
Antinio Rodrigo Nogeuira
Daijiro Matsui
Igor Vovchanchyn
Kevin Randleman
Anderson Silva
Dan Henderson
Rodrigo Gracie
Ryan Gracie
Heath Herring
Hidehiko Yoshida
Kazuhiro Hamanaka
Nino Schembri
Shungo Oyama
Akira Shoji
Enson Inoue
Semmy Schilt

I would play GP 2003 at the little arcade spot when I was stationed in Japan. I can't tell you how many coins I spent on it.

Awesome game and I absolutely loved it. I would wreck fools with Gilbert Yvel and Sakuraba.

I shit you not I had 6 memory cards full of created fighters. That game is what inspired me to create mma-caf.com many years ago. I googled CAFs and found about 20 in a doc. I quadrupled the list and wanted to share.

I shit you not I had 6 memory cards full of created fighters. That game is what inspired me to create mma-caf.com many years ago. I googled CAFs and found about 20 in a doc. I quadrupled the list and wanted to share.

Dude, that was you????? Outstanding stuff man. Thank you.

Dude, that was you????? Outstanding stuff man. Thank you.

Broke my heart when EA got the exclusive license and ruined the created fighter scene like they ruin everything else in sport gaming. I hung on to mma-caf for quite some time after the forums pretty much died. I didn't want to let go and I still think about all the CAFs that the MMA community shared there. There were some CAFs that looked better than in game fighters.

And it all started with Pride FC on PS2.

Recently bought it from a pawn shop for a dollar. Remember it fondly...

Still have my copy but I have not played it in 10 years.

Fun game. If I remember right all you could do was tournaments or 1 off fights though right? No title mode or career mode or anything like that?

Could be wrong but I remember being disappointed at the lack of modes, but the gameplay and roster were fantastic.

K1 world gp is prob still my favorite combat sports game ever. So overlooked, was soooooooooooo much fun

I looooved K1 GP. Loved using Hunt, Cro Cop, and Le Banner. I wish they would make another K1 game for PS4 or XBOX

Fedor Emelianenko
Mark Coleman
Kazushi Sakuraba
Mirko Cro Cop
Wanderlei Silva
Quinton Jackson
Don Frye
Gary Goodridge
Carlos Newton
Murilo Ninja
Alistar Overeem
Takayama
Ricardo Arona
Antinio Rodrigo Nogeuira
Daijiro Matsui
Igor Vovchanchyn
Kevin Randleman
Anderson Silva
Dan Henderson
Rodrigo Gracie
Ryan Gracie
Heath Herring
Hidehiko Yoshida
Kazuhiro Hamanaka
Nino Schembri
Shungo Oyama
Akira Shoji
Enson Inoue
Semmy Schilt

Holy shit I have a cousin who goes to Tokyo a lot since they are half Japanese I will make them buy a copy of this game

Fun game. If I remember right all you could do was tournaments or 1 off fights though right? No title mode or career mode or anything like that?

Could be wrong but I remember being disappointed at the lack of modes, but the gameplay and roster were fantastic.

That's correct. But you're right the game play and roster made up for its faults lol

Back