Anyone noticing younger men have no interest in marriage anymore?

Its part of the way western society is moving.

In some parts of the world marriage is still an important part of the fabric of a relationship and family. The US is the best example of the collapse of religion and family. Celebs use marriage as a promotional event to look good.
I really see no point in it other than kids and tax reasons, and me getting shipped back to the UK if I didn't.
We got married in his lunch hour a week after we moved to the US.

I really see no point in it other than kids and tax reasons, and me not getting shipped back to the UK if I didn't.
We got married in his lunch hour a week after we moved to the US.
Each to their own mate.

For me it was a great day that made a special bond and memorable event ill remember forever.

well the laws are shit, and some of them probably have a family member destroyed by the divorce court
\

Each to their own mate.

For me it was a great day that made a special bond and memorable event ill remember forever.
The first time I met him was at his wedding so I may not be the greatest benchmark. I'd have liked a good knees up back home but time ran away with us. We'll renew our vows on a beach somewhere though. We at least did our 20 year anniversary in Thailand which was lovely, and we do celebrate our wedding anniversary with inventive gifts (mainly me though, he's in marketing but I'm the one with mental imagination when it comes to gifts)

Isn't the divorce rate in the US is like 39%? It's not very optimistic numbers.
and thats only counting when ppl get married which is low. scary stuff

Can't blame them. With the world we live in today, aka social media. I have numerous friends, male and female that have had their families torn apart because of social media. One of my best friends with 2 kids had his wife leave him because some d list celebrity from a History Channel show "slid into her dm's." He lost pretty much everything. She divorced him and moved to Vegas taking their 2 kids to live with said d list celebrity. This coming Friday will be the one year anniversary of him hanging himself in the garage of his foreclosed home. If your dumb enough to get married it shouldn't be a financial contract. Things have changed since the days of are parents getting married.

also the purchasing power of the dollar is going to shit. Ppl often divorce over money. Its a losing gambit all together.

I knew round 16 that I would never marry or (willingly) have kids.

So much so that at 19 I got snipped...

54 now and only on one occasion did I ever ponder children. Thank god the lil devil on my shoulder kicked me in the ass to remind me.

#NoRegarts!

Can't blame them. With the world we live in today, aka social media. I have numerous friends, male and female that have had their families torn apart because of social media. One of my best friends with 2 kids had his wife leave him because some d list celebrity from a History Channel show "slid into her dm's." He lost pretty much everything. She divorced him and moved to Vegas taking their 2 kids to live with said d list celebrity. This coming Friday will be the one year anniversary of him hanging himself in the garage of his foreclosed home. If your dumb enough to get married it shouldn't be a financial contract. Things have changed since the days of are parents getting married.
poor guy, I don't get it but I've always seen the worst in people in my life so it doesn't surprise me when and how easily people turn on you. In todays world, it makes no sense to make a full commitment like that when all the evidence shows you will likely either end up divorced or unhappy. The marriages I see firsthand only confirm how I feel. It's not my business why people are together but they don't do much to hide how much they hate each other I can only wonder, "what are you doing together?".

A big part of it is just social expectations and encouragement, even smart men like bezos and gates fall for the bullshit of everlasting love and romance. Even the one guy i knew who was rich at one time and said, "I'm too smart to marry, even he lost everything from knocking up all his women and not paying child support. That pussy is a helluva thing.

54 now and only on one occasion did I ever ponder children. Thank god the lil devil on my shoulder kicked me in the ass to remind me.

#NoRegarts!
for me I just think of it as abusive almost just to bring life here, especially today. I've watched friends have kids just following their own base instincts and just like me and he did, they are getting to an age where they aren't going to have many options and unfortunately, for both of us, we didn't have the best parenting to show us and guide us, now, they might be better off than us but I don't know. It certainly isn't like that for the rich folks I know, they are on their kids night and day, not happy but they have money. I watched one kid grow up, lazy, spoiled, undisciplined, yet and still, he'll be going to an ivy league graduate school for business so he must have done something right. But overall, in my life, why even have the kids, it's almost like letting animals breed uncontrollably, it's creates unnecessary misery.

I’ve never found a girl that I want to be around all the time. Maybe in the future I’ll marry, but I feel like I’ll probably die in a nuclear blast in WW3 before that. I don’t know how the laws in America actually work, but the internet has taught me that marrying a girl is one of the financially stupidest thing you could possibly do.

Overall, I do see this as I'm pretty much in the middle of the millennial age group and I'd say about 10% of the people I know my age are married. I think the lack of marriages stem from the lack of quality relationships due to a variety of socioeconomic factors that have already been discussed thoroughly in this thread.

> The globalization of the dating market due to social media. Men and Women instead of meeting somebody in a local area can date across: cities, provinces/states and countries. So its way harder for somebody who on paper doesn't look like a great catch. And nearly 1/3 of dating is initiated online, so what you look like online is incredibly important to a generation of people addicted to social media
> I don't agree with all the red pill crap, but hypergamy is absolutely a thing. And when women take 50% of the jobs from men and still expect men to make more money, its going to create problems in the dating market. Many women are looking for a man who doesn't exist on a financial basis.
> Everybody being so career-driven. With the costs of real-estate, rent, cars and other things skyrocketing. Not to mention the explosion of student debt. Young, talented individuals in the workforce want to be financial stable and well on their way to their career aspirations, before thinking about paying for dating, kids, weddings....etc. It takes a lot of time and money
> And with people being so career-driven, when they are ready to get serious, they are so fucking picky, because they know or think they know their worth. I've heard its the women that are picky, but so are men in the late 20s, early 30s. The 2 genders are completely different in their pickiness, but they are both picky as hell.
> And yeah, divorce is so easy now. Even though I've read Millennials divorce at a lower rate than Gen Xers and Boomers, but give it time, give it time.

Last edited:
Well, son, you see when the economy tanked in 2008 things changed. The millenial generation didn't have access to the means to move into what was at the time considered the next stages of adulthood, which included marriage.

So, there was this sort of tough cookie that millenials had to chew on where those that tried to follow the old ways were usurped by a hot chicks ability to get her needs met by an army of suitors on social media rendering the old model obsolete. A sort of quasi-vestigial remnant from a bygone era.

The older millennials and younger gen-x'ers had to bite that bullet so that the younger millennials and gen-z'ers could inherit the mentality that followed.

There's data that emerged to support the new mentality but a lot of that was adapted after the cultural shift already occurred. Which was social media, smart phones and the religious cult like ferver for the fetishization of deregulated markets and the resulting housing bubble's bursting in everyone's face proving itself to be a farce which in turn screwed over an entire generation in the worst economic downturn since the great depression.

While in typical narcissistic boomer fashion the blame was shifted from the people responsible onto their children whom against they rallied in a rhetoric of verbal abuse that persists to this very day.
<5>

Why should I? I'm a "low value man" or whatever catchphrase Youtube grifters are tossing around right before "Check out my Patreon!" I don't want kids so why should I be bound to someone else.

I also tend to attract women of ill repute or extremely toxic women with major past traumas from their piece of shit dad/abusive or cheating or junkie or all ex/friend's cheating boyfriend/etc and I get all of that projected unfairly onto me. They think every guy, according to them, was a piece of trash so I must be as well. I got tired of dealing with all that. Maybe I'll try again in the future because it does feel like I'm missing out on something but if it doesn't happen, I'm not going to whine about it later like some asshole.
You hit on a big part of the problem. Post 30 one or both parties are bringing all sorts of past baggage and trauma into the relationship.

Last woman I really tried to date seriously had been through a bad, abusive marriage followed by an abusive relationship after her divorce.

And I've been through a bad divorce myself and have trust issues. If you don't find the right partner early on, it only seems to get more difficult.

A young man would have to be crazy or stupid to marry some whore, who the courts will let make his life miserable for years, and possibly forever.

#NoRegarts!
lol you sterilized yourself at a young age? And you are bragging about it? Dang man

Back