Anyone into archery?

Make sure you dress like Zelda when you go.

I was planning on this.
Easy to move around. Comfortable and with string slap protection.

gay-robin-hood.jpg

Good thing you did prevent me from looking like a fool

Edit: ohh wait. You mean as Link? That would be pretty much like the stereotype Robin Hood

Side note, this chick is terrifying.

I think I saw this video on sherdog actually. Fastest archer in the world, didn't believe some of the "myths" of archery were actually myths at all and did some research rediscovering old school techniques. This is three years of training, it's crazy to think how deadly an army who spent their entire life on this type of archery would be.

I got a recurve back in 2011, I was having alot of fun with Skyrim at the time, the stealth archer was my favorite thing to play, so I thought I'd give archery a try in real life. It was fun, I practiced for about a year, but I lost interest after I injured myself, havnt really touched it in a couple of years. Considering how hard it is on the fingers it's a hobby I don't think would go well with my guitar playing, which is my number 1 hobby, so maybe it's not the best thing to be involved in.

Was the injury related to archery? Or some other injury that affected your finger related hobbies?

There seem to be some pretty interesting injuries.
I don't know how they happen, but they are brutal.

Maybe some people are squeamish. I am sure the mods will make everything dandy if it is an issue

Edit: I guess anyone can google it if they are interested.
Some mods are really sensitive.

Last edited:
Got a gift card to a private 1 hour session with an archery teacher.
I don't know why I was given it.

Never have I mentioned archery. I don't recall the person that gave it to me has ever mentioned archery.

Maybe it could be a fun hobby. Going all ancient warrior.
Getting some heavy hitting Genghis Khan bow.
Traditional military archery is cool as fuck. It is harder than most people understand.

The Draw Weights of modern Olympic bows top out at about 60lbs. The average draw weights for medieval Warbows are over 100 lbs.
Ancient archers were elite warriors.
Nothing wrong with modern target shooting, but these bows are a different beast altogether.

Archery is very handy when you want to shoot someone without making a lot of noise.

Not yet but considering it as a future activity.

Might get my eyes lasered first though

Solid necro.

I have a bow and use it occasionally. Not as much as I'd like. Might get it out this lunch at work. Good idea TS.

Instinctive archery is really cool, just getting back into it now. That's a pretty awesome gift.
Or as they used to call it, archery!

I once got hit by a missile fired from a crossbow that had been fired into the air then came down. Never saw it coming .

Guess it was a bolt from the blue....

Does anybody know the best way to get your kids started on archery?

Back