Anyone here like Shawarma?

It is in most if the places ive been to
I like tzatziki a lot, but that goes on souvlaki or possibly donair, IMO.

Lebanese shawarma is made with a garlic sauce called toum, and it's one of the garlickiest things in existence.
Lebanese-Garlic-Sauce-l-SimplyScratch.com-18-620x929.jpg

I like tzatziki a lot, but that goes on souvlaki or possibly donair, IMO.

Lebanese shawarma is made with a garlic sauce called toum, and it's one of the garlickiest things in existence.
Lebanese-Garlic-Sauce-l-SimplyScratch.com-18-620x929.jpg
Yes that's lebanese shawarma , they arent the only ones to make it though. Things vary depending on where they are from, you do realize that right?

Last edited:
Yes that's lebanese shawarma , they arent the only ones to make it though. Things vary depending on where they are from , you do realize that right?
No, my reality is the only true reality.

Also, anyone putting tzatziki on a shawarma is doing it wrong.

I love Shawarma, and I'm going to experiment with making it myself because I usually order it and have to pay $20 with delivery.

I'm looking for three good sauces to make it with. It has to be something I can find easily, like off Amazon or in Canadian grocery stores.

I need a spicy mayo, a hot sauce, and a garlic sauce.

Any suggestions?

I saw this one on Amazon and it has good reviews for the spicy mayo.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07PFQVHJL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_zu.mFb3CH3B4G
No pickle?

Ive had a few diff kinds , the lebanese one is less common over here though , Im not sure if that's population or food trend based.

I love Shawarma, and I'm going to experiment with making it myself because I usually order it and have to pay $20 with delivery.

I'm looking for three good sauces to make it with. It has to be something I can find easily, like off Amazon or in Canadian grocery stores.

I need a spicy mayo, a hot sauce, and a garlic sauce.

Any suggestions?

I saw this one on Amazon and it has good reviews for the spicy mayo.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07PFQVHJL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_zu.mFb3CH3B4G
Halal Guys is pretty awesome, and they have awesome hot sauce and white sauce.
halal-guys-montreal-2.jpg

Not really. I prefer shishkebab and falafel.

ive never had it or seen it offered anywhere

but i see a few posts up that The Halal Guys has it, looks good

ive seen Halal Guys on UberEats many times but have never tried it

I live like 3 blocks from Shawarma King.
I'm moving back to Ottawa this fall. I have been in Florida for a year for work. First meal I'm ordering once I cross the border and quarantine myself will be a nice Shawarma platter.

Palace is top tier. But only the Rideau and Orléans locations. I don’t know what the other two locations do differently, but it’s not the same.
Nice AV. Where do you do your ice fishing at? I used to have a shack at Petrie Island but I sold it when I moved. I'll be buying a pop up when I move back.

Nice AV. Where do you do your ice fishing at? I used to have a shack at Petrie Island but I sold it when I moved. I'll be buying a pop up when I move back.

Regrettably I’ve never fished since moving to Ottawa. My last name is Auger, so the AV just kind of fits lol

Back