anyone here have a home treadmill and they like it? Any suggestions?

jeffk

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I am looking to get a treadmill for my home.

I cannot decide to go with a new one from Sears or Dicks Sporting Goods like the Nordic Track 1750 or Livestrong 15.0 or buy a used Life Fitness more durable machine.

Anyoen have one in their home that they like that you can recommend?

I plan to use it quite a bit so I don't want one that will break down a lot.

Runnersworld.com has quite a bit of reviews.

Runnersworld.com has quite a bit of reviews.

Thanks. I'll check their reviews. I bought a one month deal at consumer reports but they don't evaluate and rate many at all.

Just be sure to get a good warranty. I break treadmills with alarming frequency.

Thanks. I'll check out that site.

I am worried I'll break a $1500 or so model from Sears but it will have a warranty. But I can get a refurbished Life Fitness one for about the same price that should be much more durbable without a warrranty.

I am leaning for a new one but that is the first decision I have to make.

We have a NordicTrack. I'm not sure what model, but it sells for around $900 new. We got it for $250 used at a garage sale from the richest neighborhood in town. My wife had one when we married (Reebok I think), but it ended up breaking. I just hate the thought of pumping $1k into something that you can easily do outside. We pretty much lucked out in snagging this one. We haven't had any issues.

Fedor's links were really good.

Unless it is crap weather, I'll likely do most of my running outside. It is more for my wife than me. But if we are going to get one I want one that I can use too.

Being about 190-195 lbs and usually do some faster intervals during a workout, I probably will be pretty hard on a machine. I want to get something durable where I don't have to deal with it breaking down.

NordicTrack has two models that look interesting. I'll have to read the reviews (if the site above has a review of them).

We have a PaceMaster Gold Elite. Not sure how many miles we've put on it, but we've had it close to 10 years. It's been good.

Thanks. I'll check out that site.

I am worried I'll break a $1500 or so model from Sears but it will have a warranty. But I can get a refurbished Life Fitness one for about the same price that should be much more durbable without a warrranty.

I am leaning for a new one but that is the first decision I have to make.

I've never had great experience with warranties on any products. It seems like there's always some loophole so that the one thing that breaks is a part that's not covered somehow. So I never buy warranties anymore. I've heard stories of people having good experiences with a warranty but it's just never seemed to happen to me. Maybe I'm just cursed.

But for that reason, if it were me, I'd get the Life Fitness one and just pay a treadmill tech to do maintainence on it once every two years or so. This is assuming it's in good condition, of course.

Sears warranties are no joke. I got fucked around with bad by the company Sears uses here locally to service their washing machines so when I bitched about it on their FB page Sears came out, looked at my machine, then gave me a credit to buy a new one. A near top of the line machine was delivered a week later.

I would buy my own treadmill but I've been having hip and ankle spur issues. There is an industrial grade treadmill at work and while it's not used every day it's been repaired twice in the last five years. Pain in the ass driving to work to run and well I really try to get away from work on my days off. The road is ok once a week but more than that I get beat up too bad. The trails around here are off the hook but I'm in the snow belt so a lot of days I can't run on them. Soooo on the balance I can't see myself droping a couple of dimes on a treadmill that I don't know if I can get my monies worth out of.

Last edited:
Back