Anyone have some info on John Danaher?

I'm sorry I don't buy that he is tooling world champions. No one tools world champions, that is why they are world champions. The guy may be good, but I think it is silly to place someone on the same level as a world champion who has never competed.

not true

no disrespect, but look at shaolin vs marcelo

shaolin was world champ before i am pretty sure and marcelo beat him in under a minute.

I heard John Danaher once subbed Chuck Norris.

I believe John can hang with anyone in the gym in normal rolling situations. With that said in competition where strength, speed, and athleticism come into play he would probably lose to the greats.

That doesn't matter though. He is a teacher. Probably one of the most technical teacher in the sport. He has a very analytical mind and can break down tiny nuances of the game. That's what gets him such high praise. And rightfully so.

not true

no disrespect, but look at shaolin vs marcelo

shaolin was world champ before i am pretty sure and marcelo beat him in under a minute.

this argument made 0 sense?

marcelo competed before that, did awesome in that tournament, did awesome after..... his argument was that someone who doesnt compete tools world champs.

This thread is hilarious with everyone saying how they think John could beat this guy or this guy, and ohhhh his armbar's are so tight!!!!, dude almost all of you have never met the guy, or seen him roll ever. You are basing you're judgement on his skills based on here say and how he held down Micheal Johnson seriously?
I'm sure he is a great grappler, but please lets leave out comparing him to the world champions.

that doesn't matter though. He is a teacher. Probably one of the most technical teacher in the sport. He has a very analytical mind and can break down tiny nuances of the game. That's what gets him such high praise. And rightfully so.

qft

I can understand why he doesn't compete. For a lot of people, competitions are a total turn off. You have to pay like $100 just to wait for hours on end. Eventually, you're match will come up, and you have to worry about the notoriously shady judging that plagues jiu jitsu tournaments.

This thread is hilarious with everyone saying how they think John could beat this guy or this guy, and ohhhh his armbar's are so tight!!!!, dude almost all of you have never met the guy, or seen him roll ever. You are basing you're judgement on his skills based on here say and how he held down Micheal Johnson seriously?
I'm sure he is a great grappler, but please lets leave out comparing him to the world champions.

I've seen him roll. He schools skilled guys and makes it look effortless. Guys who are much better than Michael Johnson. I'm not saying he would have a dominant competition game, but his knowledge and execution are top notch.

I've seen him roll. He schools skilled guys and makes it look effortless. Guys who are much better than Michael Johnson. I'm not saying he would have a dominant competition game, but his knowledge and execution are top notch.

Yea, but Michael Johnson can run the 400 meter much faster than John Danaher can.

Yea, but Michael Johnson can run the 400 meter much faster than John Danaher can.

Don't be silly. Danaher does not run. He simply thinks he is at the finish line, and it comes to be...instantly.

The top pick of GSP's team on The Ultimate Fighter is absolutely stuck as Danaher is calmly relaxing.
8x77g.00.gif

I love what he says about Marcelo Garcia:

" Anger just makes people inefficient. Their breathing gets shallow, they're too muscularly tense---they gas faster. Part f what I admire in a fighter like Marcelo Garcia is his ability to control his anger and stay focused. He often get abused physically. He's a smaller guy in the open weight competitions, but you never see him distracted. He's like a laser, focusing on finishing. He has one physical, cold game in mind and nothing distracts him. The abuse is irrelevant."

I love this passage. I try to fight this way, and I really admire other fighters who do also. It's really cool to see people like Garcia, Hall, Glover, Cobrinha, Mendes, and Roger Gracie; who all have animated and fun personalities off the mat, but on the mat it's like they turn blank and it's just going for the finish. Everything else gets closed off. Seriously, look at those dudes when they fight, most of them even have their mouths closed and are nose-breathing.

Anyways, I really wanna do a private with Danaher the next time I visit family in NYC.

Where is this gif from?
Obviously it's from ultimate fighter but.. what episode? I don't remember seeing it.

Also, I don't even know if Danaher has ever had any rank in Judo but Dave Camarillo recently said that Danaher is a better Judo teacher than himself. That's wuite a compliment coming from Dave.

Dave said that he has gone back and watched all the Olympic Judo matches over the past 50 or so years, and written down the top 10-15 most successful throws, and that he teaches those the most, or something like that. Like while everyone is training, he'll be playing scientist and then teaching and rolling with the best tactics and techniques. Dave will talk a lot about how amazing NZJohn is if you ask.

My professor who's close to Danaher told us about how the Olympic Judo coach for Brazil would be asking Danaher how to do Judo techniques.

he just might not be a gamer. Also, maybe he doesn't have the physical ability to work within the 10 min time limit.

How is it that there are no videos on this guy? HTH can I have more of an internet/youtube presence?

Back