• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone have heart palpitations?

F1980

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I get it almost every night. Sometimes it keeps me from having a good sleep. It feels like my heart is beating so hard, it's about ready to burst out of my chest. Then I check my blood pressure and it's good. Even my heart rate is good. I guess I got it from my mom, she also had it when she was still alive.

Had them often, but not really much after making a point to avoid salt and fatty foods. I just ate one Subway cookie and immediately felt like something's not normal.

Reactions: HHJ
I don’t really have palpitations. But I do feel my heart thinking much more if I’m dehydrated or have indigestion. Last night I ate way too much ice cream and had that.

What's your diet like? Being serious here.

I got them from withdrawal. After a month of eating healthy they went away.

I get it almost every night. Sometimes it keeps me from having a good sleep. It feels like my heart is beating so hard, it's about ready to burst out of my chest. Then I check my blood pressure and it's good. Even my heart rate is good. I guess I got it from my mom, she also had it when she was still alive.
Had them when I was 10 kilos of fat heavier. Not anymore.
Get checked with a doctor, sherbro. Wish you good health.

Had them often, but not really much after making a point to avoid salt and fatty foods. I just ate one Subway cookie and immediately felt like something's not normal.

What kind of fatty foods?

Only when he's onscreen

sexyama_main.jpg

sounds like pvcs. They are usually benign. See a cardiologist and do an holter monitor just to make sure.
i have had a-fib a few times and suffered with pvcs at night for years. It was torturous and drove me crazy. fortunately they have subsided the last few years, but im always on edge that they will come back(knock on wood)
a large percentage of the population get them, they just dont feel them. Sorry that you do, it terrible
Make sure you stay hydrated. Dehydration is a major cause of them.

You don't mess around with heart stuff, get that shit checked out. EKG, stress test etc, you never know you could have cardiomyopathy or something. People drop dead from that shit.

I had them when I had Supraventricular Tachycardia and still get them very occasionally. I had to have surgery for the SVT but the cardiologist said the occasional palpitations/PVCs were not something to be concerned with but that was because my heart was very thoroughly checked out. That can be a symptom of having heart issues to. Best to have your doctor check you out. It could be big problem or simply you need to eat better and/or lose weight.

What kind of fatty foods?
Oily salty fried noodles, oily salty mushroom chicken or fried chicken where they wrap the fatty chicken skin around a tiny piece of meat to create the illusion it's a big piece of fried chicken, pizza. I never eat the chicken skin no matter how good the crunchy skin looks.

Also, got a bottle of iron supplements on hand just in case and I suspect it helps due to iron being involved in the stuff the circulatory system pumps, so if there's more of the thing, heart probably needs to work less to pump than if that thing is lacking. If the heart is working harder, I try to think what nutrient am I deficient in.

Oily salty fried noodles, oily salty mushroom chicken or fried chicken where they wrap the fatty chicken skin around a tiny piece of meat to create the illusion it's a big piece of fried chicken, pizza. I never eat the chicken skin no matter how good the crunchy skin looks.

Also, got a bottle of iron supplements on hand just in case and I suspect it helps due to iron being involved in the stuff the circulatory system pumps, so if there's more of the thing, heart probably needs to work less to pump than if that thing is lacking. If the heart is working harder, I try to think what nutrient am I deficient in.

I see

I drink veggie smoothies all day to make sure the pipes stay clean

I see

I drink veggie smoothies all day to make sure the pipes stay clean
With regular food? Or just smoothie only?

I need to get on something like that but admittedly it's a pain in the ass to prepare. Three times a day would suck. (I tried juicing for a while and the big reason I didn't stick with it was the prep and cleaning)

See a doctor, but also remember a large percentage of palpitations are related to anxiety / stress. So you may not have a health issue.

The emotional system is completely connected to the heart.

I imagine any number of reasons could cause heart palpitations. Just to throw this out there, at the moment I'm reading a book on the importance of vitamin 12, how many people are deficient, either due to poor diet, or not having enough intrinsic factor to absorb it and troubling as the authors say doctors rarely check for low vitamin B12 levels. Apparently low B12 levels can cause heart palpitations. The book ~

Could It Be B12?: An Epidemic of Misdiagnoses​

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1884995691?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

"The book that has literally saved lives.
Could It Be B12? An Epidemic of Misdiagnoses uncovers a public health crisis that even many doctors don't know exists―the chronic misdiagnosis of vitamin B12 deficiency.
Few patients are tested for B12 deficiency, even though it's a common disorder that can be easily diagnosed and inexpensively treated. The manifold symptoms of B12 deficiency can look exactly like a myriad of different diseases, misleading doctors to misdiagnosis. B12 deficiency can cause dementia, multiple sclerosis, early Parkinson's disease, diabetic neuropathy or chronic fatigue syndrome. It can cause depression and mental illness, infertility in men and women, or developmental disabilities in children.
Written in a highly accessible style that makes complex medical information clear and comprehensible to ordinary patients and their families, Could It Be B12? gives readers the knowledge and confidence to fight the ignorance and rigidity of the medical establishment and take control of their own health. Could It Be B12? presents vital information and strategies for readers to learn if they or their loved ones are suffering from B12 deficiency and how to work with their doctors and other health care professionals to get the treatment they need.
Could It Be B12? also presents a stirring message against the medical profession's indifference to the epidemic levels of crippling B12 deficiency and a demand for worldwide social action to raise awareness and win the fight against this easily prevented disorder that so needlessly ruins millions of lives."

Back