Anyone have a dash cam?

Yep, have a BlackVue. It's awesome, front and rear facing. I have caught so much stuff. When you're driving, you can upload vids directly to your phone and post if you want. Or keep it for evidence or whatever.

Make sure you get rear facing too, not just front camera

71vfHY3tR-L._SX425_.jpg
I ended up getting a Vanture N2 Pro (for night/weekend ubering)....did you get a separate one to aim out the back of your car? I don't but my friends and my wife think I should. I just don't know what I'd get as far as model, and there's no cig lighter back there lol so I dunno about the wiring....

At the risk of offending a few posters....

YOU ARE A MORON IF YOU DON’T HAVE A DASHCAM

Yeah I have one. Part of my job is driving so I can't afford for some idiot to cost me any points on my license.

Last edited:
Man there seems to be big drawbacks to these things.

1. The best place to mount is on your rear view mirror, but then you have to have a cord dangling down which is annoying. Or take your entire headliner apart and try to run a wire in the ceiling of your car.

Or if you've got auto-dimming mirror, just run it off of that harness.

2. They seem to use suction cup or adhesive mounts too, which of course neither of those things can survive super hot summers.

As @ralphc mentioned, you can get the kind that fit over your mirror or better yet, one of these units that replaces the OEM mirror:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

The only problem with these is that they tend to be jittery when you've got your bass popping.

3. I guess that's about it. It just seemed dumb to make a list with only 2 things on it.

There are also "stealth" units that fit onto the plastic shell of the LDWS cover if you can find one that is compatible with your car. This one here is for the Cadillac ATS:

1-1F502104Z14I.jpg

Ends up looking like this installed:

1080P-rearview-mirror-dvr-car-reverse-camera.jpg

(IDK why this guy has two dashcams installed.)

If you live in a hot environment, they you want to get one with supercapacitor instead of a battery.

In general, the Korean ones are the highest quality with the most features but you're usually paying somewhere between $100-200. The Chinese ones, you're paying $30-50 on Amazon but you're also getting Chinese quality.

Or if you've got auto-dimming mirror, just run it off of that harness.

As @ralphc mentioned, you can get the kind that fit over your mirror or better yet, one of these units that replaces the OEM mirror:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

The only problem with these is that they tend to be jittery when you've got your bass popping.

There are also "stealth" units that fit onto the plastic shell of the LDWS cover if you can find one that is compatible with your car. This one here is for the Cadillac ATS:

1-1F502104Z14I.jpg

Ends up looking like this installed:

1080P-rearview-mirror-dvr-car-reverse-camera.jpg

(IDK why this guy has two dashcams installed.)

If you live in a hot environment, they you want to get one with supercapacitor instead of a battery.

In general, the Korean ones are the highest quality with the most features but you're usually paying somewhere between $100-200. The Chinese ones, you're paying $30-50 on Amazon but you're also getting Chinese quality.

I know a guy who has 3 cams in the windshield, one in the center and one pointed somewhat to each side. He has 2 in the rear, each at an angle. I've heard of people putting them in side windows too.

I know a guy who has 3 cams in the windshield, one in the center and one pointed somewhat to each side. He has 2 in the rear, each at an angle. I've heard of people putting them in side windows too.

Damn, taking that shit to the next level. It's probably smart with the way people drive today though. (I'm looking at you BMW drivers)

I need to get one. I’m dealing with an insurance claim right where having footage would be benificial.

Just curious. Do people break into cars and steal dashcams?

Should have just gotten himself one of the Korean 4-channel ones with the fisheye lenses that mount to the bottom of your side view mirrors, like the ones on the bird's eye parking cameras. The problems with that is when you've got 4 channel action going on, you need a single massive SD card to capture anything, plus you need an auxiliary battery/supercap to keep the thing charged for parking mode.

I ended up getting a Vanture N2 Pro (for night/weekend ubering)....did you get a separate one to aim out the back of your car? I don't but my friends and my wife think I should. I just don't know what I'd get as far as model, and there's no cig lighter back there lol so I dunno about the wiring....

At the risk of offending, you should have gotten your wife a 2 channel unit with a camera pointed towards the interior of the car. The biggest problem with ubering is that the passengers cause much more problems than any of the other cars on the road - you don't know who ones will lie their rat fucking faces off to get their fares refunded. Also, because you don't know who will complain and when they'll do it, you need to keep a record of everything for a week or two before overwriting, which means swapping cards every time you drive or having a massive 128-512GB card (depending on how many channels you have) to not worry about it. The only problem with going with a big SD/TF cards is that the cheap Chinese units often can't handle anything above 64-128GB, which means you only get a few hours' of recording time before an overwrite. Fine for accident recording because you can hit stop or lock the few seconds of recording before an accident/incident but with passengers you never know which fucker from three days ago is going to report that you were drunk or were in an accident.

Should have just gotten himself one of the Korean 4-channel ones with the fisheye lenses that mount to the bottom of your side view mirrors, like the ones on the bird's eye parking cameras. The problems with that is when you've got 4 channel action going on, you need a single massive SD card to capture anything, plus you need an auxiliary battery/supercap to keep the thing charged for parking mode.

One problem with most dash cams is that the wide angle lens makes things look like they're farther away than they really are. It is often difficult to read license plate numbers. It's like the right side rear view mirror.

I have an Aukey and here some footage I posted a few wks ago.

I live in NM and summer get to be 100+ and I havent had issuses with it and night time footage is clear too.

link

Sheesh . . . I used to live in Taylor Ranch and had to drive Paseo back into town every day . . . was definitely a race track.

Wonder how many guys have been busted by their ladies,

Viewing who they have been picking up...

Guy: gets home late..

Woman: let me see where this fuckers been all night!

Sheesh . . . I used to live in Taylor Ranch and had to drive Paseo back into town every day . . . was definitely a race track.

It's the auto bon of Burque ...

Spotify Premium is the best music service out there. No adds. Build your own playlists (or listen to premade playlists) ad-free.

Almost anything you ever want to listen to is a search away. With Premium, you can listen to whole albums. The free version only had prebuilt playlists/"stations" available with ads.

This reads as an ad on Sherdog

This reads as an ad on Sherdog

I sound like a huge shill, but it really is the best music service out there. Well worth the 10 bucks a month to listen to whatever you want, whenever you want. The only other app I use is Bandcamp for obscure metal bands that you won't find on Spotify.

I actually have one at home that my wife got for free, but for some reason I have no desire to install it. I may wait until we get our SUV later this year.

i listen to radio and pandora and pandora has adds too. I havent tried spotify yet.

Spotify is where it’s at my friend. Best 12 bucks I spend every month. Ad free and you can listen to whatever you want.

Spotify is where it’s at my friend. Best 12 bucks I spend every month. Ad free and you can listen to whatever you want.

I use Google Play for $10/month and get a free subscription to YouTube Red/Premium.

I didn't think about it but your right this shit should be standard in cars already. I have all this other fancy shit on my car but not a cam for recording? Doesn't make sense. Hell I already have a reverse cam just adjust it so I can record.

Back