Anyone had some random badass show up at their gym?

Lawsuits over anything happen here, like someone winning a lawsuit with McDonalds because their coffee burned them when it spilled in their lap while driving. Court deemed the coffee was exceedingly hot.

Actually a California jury agreed with McDonalds prior internal memos that indicated the coffee was exceedingly hot and not consumable. The jury found McDonalds negligent and awarded damages to a lady who sustained third degree burns to her labia. (Ouch!)

Actually a California jury agreed with McDonalds prior internal memos that indicated the coffee was exceedingly hot and not consumable. The jury found McDonalds negligent and awarded damages to a lady who sustained third degree burns to her labia. (Ouch!)

The company guy who made the comment that she was so old she didn't need it anymore didn't help.:redface:

Lawsuits over anything happen here, like someone winning a lawsuit with McDonalds because their coffee burned them when it spilled in their lap while driving. Court deemed the coffee was exceedingly hot.

There are plenty of cases that I agree are too far, but for some reason this case has become the most famous and it was the most warranted.

They had received over 100 citations for this exact issue and refused to change it because it would cost them more to do so than to simply pay the citations and any damages that happened.

So the court nailed them with punitive damages (that were later reduced) to scare them into finally making the appropriate changes to their coffee temperature which violated all existing codes.

I've never experienced this, what does it entail?

At my school, people roll their first time without signing anything.

I'm in Brooklyn, New York. And if someone gets hurt on your property, say hi to their lawyer !

This reminds me of the story of Rigan visiting Gracie Barra when pe de pano was the top dog.

The story goes, Rigan went to train at gracie barra and pe de pano was the best guy there(quite a feat considering how strong the gracie barra team was at the time). Pe de pano didn't know who Rigan was or didn't realize it was Rigan Machado and thought it was a random blackbelt(Rigans had been in the US since the early 90's, so their time at gracie barra probably didn't overlap). They roll and Rigan then tears through pe de pano, tapping him out in twisters etc. From what i heard at the time nobody could do anything to pe de pano so it was quite a surprise for him to get beaten so soundly.

Back