Anyone had a medical doctor refer them to a chiropractor?

I have one experience with a chiropractor. I hurt my back and someone recommended me going to the chiro. I was pretty sure it wasn't a serious injury and just a bad strain, so I figured going to a chiro over the doctor was reasonable. One of the dumbest decisions that I've ever made. He worked on me for a while and had me on this machine. He had me in these weird positions that hurt like hell, but he insisted it would help in the long run. He gets done and tells me he can work on me about 5 more times in the next 2 weeks and I'd be better than ever. His whole presentation just seemed off and I blew him off.

The next morning I was still hurting like hell. I got into my doctor and he prescribed me steroids over the next 7 days. I told him what the chiro said and he started busting out laughing. He said that if I did nothing at all, I'd be better in 2 weeks anyhow. The steroids would have me 100% better in 7 days and most likely much sooner. I felt a lot better in 2 days and completely better in 4.
I must go to a really good chiro. If I ever hurt my neck or back, I always feel better after an adjustment. I've been in bad shape where it's not getting better for days, I went and same day start feeling much better.

I visited one recently. They took X-rays and they shows them to me and said my spine and neck are pretty curved and not normal (they showed me what a normal curve would look like compared to mine) and tbh it kind of freaked me out because mine were not really close at all to "normal". I'd be down to give their treatment a try but it's a decent amount of money.

Anyone have been told their shit is not aligned correctly and go through their treatment and feel like it helped?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back