Anyone familiar with Sedona, Arizona?

sweetviolenturg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
After my fiance's father suffered a stroke last year he decided to sell the family home in Orange, CA & move to Sedona, AZ. And, now that he's been there for a year he's fallen in love with it & he bought a place for us to come live there as well. Jana's already got a job set up there so we're going to move there later on this summer after I settle my affairs here in Niagara Falls.
So, the move is a done deal even though I've never set foot in Arizona in my life. The only places out west I've been is Las Vegas & Orange County, CA. But, Jana assures me that I'll love it. Her & her family vacationed there often when she was a kid but I'd like to hear more about it from other people just out of curiosity. So, if you happen to live there or nearby or been there before help a brother out. Thanks.

never been but Im going to post anyways. I knew a dude from there once, so like the same thing as living there.

from what I understand an average summer day is 110 degrees with out a single drop of humidity in all of the air combined.

Sounds wonderful to me tbh

Fun fact: in Arizona, its so hot air conditioning is considered an essential need, no different than water. A landlord or home owner is not allowed to rent you a place if it does not have AC. I'm not sure that law exists anywhere else in the country.

It's one of the hotbeds of mountain biking, as well as weird hippy/artist types who are into aliens. I suggest you take up mountain biking and get a kokopeli tattoo and you'll be golden.

never been but Im going to post anyways. I knew a dude from there once, so like the same thing as living there.

from what I understand an average summer day is 110 degrees with out a single drop of humidity in all of the air combined.

Fun fact: in Arizona, its so hot air conditioning is considered an essential need, no different than water. A landlord or home owner is not allowed to rent you a place if it does not have AC. I'm not sure that law exists anywhere else in the country.

Yeah it's hot. You'd die without it.

Sedona is high elevation and gets chilly. Big swings between day and night. 30-60 degrees in the winter and 60-90+ in the summer avg.

Cool ( no pun intended LOL ). Thanks for the input.

After my fiance's father suffered a stroke last year he decided to sell the family home in Orange, CA & move to Sedona, AZ. And, now that he's been there for a year he's fallen in love with it & he bought a place for us to come live there as well. Jana's already got a job set up there so we're going to move there later on this summer after I settle my affairs here in Niagara Falls.
So, the move is a done deal even though I've never set foot in Arizona in my life. The only places out west I've been is Las Vegas & Orange County, CA. But, Jana assures me that I'll love it. Her & her family vacationed there often when she was a kid but I'd like to hear more about it from other people just out of curiosity. So, if you happen to live there or nearby or been there before help a brother out. Thanks.
Yea I lived there it’s full of junkies and homeless people, meth is its biggest export and the Sedona dimes make the Boise dimes look like Ben Franklins. It’s literally hell on earth.

Been once.

It's very beautiful and very chill from what I remember.

Arizona is a seriously underrated state. It gets a bad wrap because Phoenix is a miserable city.

I went to Arizona for work. Everyone was telling me how hot it was, and how badass it is.
I didn't think it was that hot. Yeh, sure, it's a bit hot, but there are a tonne of places way hotter than arizona where people live without constantly jawwing about how hot it is.
so don't listen to the scrubs about how terribly hot it is or about the "legal need for air conditioning" or whatever. its just a bit hot. i've lived in hotter places with no air co and I did not melt.
you'll love it.

I went to Arizona for work. Everyone was telling me how hot it was, and how badass it is.
I didn't think it was that hot. Yeh, sure, it's a bit hot, but there are a tonne of places way hotter than arizona where people live without constantly jawwing about how hot it is.
so don't listen to the scrubs about how terribly hot it is or about the "legal need for air conditioning" or whatever. its just a bit hot. i've lived in hotter places with no air co and I did not melt.
you'll love it.

You won't melt but it's still hot as balls. I think your shoe soles will melt to the asphalt in the summer. What other states have you been to that have been hotter in the summer? We're not talking about SE Asia or the Middle East here.

Last edited:
Sedona is gorgeous. Went there last June to visit my girlfriend's family. People were complaining about the heat, but to me it wasnt bad at all. I live in Indiana and our summers suck. Ill take dry heat over 96 degress with 90% humidity any day.

you'll love it.
Thanks! I got a taste of the desert heat when I was in SoCal during a heat wave with the Santa Ana winds blowing hard & I did just fine.

Sedona is gorgeous. Went there last June to visit my girlfriend's family. People were complaining about the heat, but to me it wasnt bad at all. I live in Indiana and our summers suck. Ill take dry heat over 96 degress with 90% humidity any day.
Awesome. I'll do fine in the dry heat. It's the humidity that I can't stand.

You won't melt but it's still hot as balls. I think your shoe soles will melt to the asphalt in the summer. What other states have you been to that have been hotter in the summer? We're not talking about SE Asia or the Middle East here.
Places outside the US . Like Australia

Lots of nature things to do.
If your into photography, animals, bugs, nature hiking, climbing, rivers, it's good land. But hot, I remember doing well with the ladies out there in my younger days so maybe I'm a bit bias too.

you'll love it.
I’ve lived and been in worse places, that were hotter that did not have air conditioning in most areas.

Fucking fairies.

If you love nature and can tolerate new age hippies then you’ll love it.

Back