Anyone ever done Randy Couture's "Grappling Workout"

That`s called a BB complex. I don`t think there`s anything special to it. Other guys on this board like it.

I only ask because there's countless other Youtube videos of the same workout. Its usually some personal trainer saying how great it is, and then showing it exactly like Team Quest does. Someone else said that this is a fairly common workout in the Greco Roman world. Who knows if thats true.

I don't know shit about split squats. I think I'll just substitute.

I liked the Randy Couture workout, I used to do it in my apartment with one of those shitty vinyl barbell sets. Then one day I broke an overhead light fixture doing a pushpress, and now I just go to the gym and lift heavy. I do think it is a good conditioning workout and a great use of your equipment if you don't have much weight.

without looking at the video I'm guessing it's the one from the Team Quest DVD. I've done it many times. pretty tough once you get into the later sets.

Yeah we do barbell complexes every friday

deadlift x 5
bent over row x 5
power clean x 5
push press x 5
squat x 5

I've done these, but slightly differently. I'll do one rep of each movement, and then repeat.

It'll be like deadlift, BOR, clean, push press, squat, BTN jerk, repeat. Or something like that.

alwyn cosgrove has put out a TON of great info on complexes. check out his stuff.

As stated previously this is what you call a barbell complex. It looks interesting to me I've never heard of this until now. I mean if it fits your goals then it should have great benefits to the individual. Also I like the different choices in exercises overall something to try in the future as a challenge for myself for fun.

wait a tick, i thought the military press was with your feet close together, the dude in the video had his feet pretty far apart...was he doing it wrong or am I misinformed?

I did this about 2 hours ago...completely fucking destroyed me. The weight gets heavy REALLY quickly.

wait a tick, i thought the military press was with your feet close together, the dude in the video had his feet pretty far apart...was he doing it wrong or am I misinformed?

According to Mehdi (Stronglifts.com's founder), yep, a military press is performed with the feet close together/heels touching. However, a lot of people use the term 'military press' to describe a strict overhead press with normal foot spacing i.e. shoulder width(ish)...hence the confusion!:redface:

When I was in the Navy the military press was not so much about the feet but about pressing the bar at an angle in front and above the shoulder, sort of 45 degrees from vertical, we would do this quite fast. I'm sure there is probably some other name for what we were doing but we were told it was a military press. There was also another exercise that we used where we would stand up straight and press the bar straight out in front of us. This was done as fast as you could because going slow hurt like hell.

I'm not sure if either were safe or not. I prefer the normal SOHP, it feels safer.

Randy Couture's "Grappling workout" really hits your grappling muscles.

Barbell complexes are good but less effective.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back