Anyone else see Thales Leites beating Gegard Mousasi?

JagWar

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thales Leites striking has come a long way. He never got KO'd in his career and is a well rounded fighter. You could say that he won against Bisping. I dont think Mousasi will just jab his way to victory due to Leites having the reach advantage over him and if they will be fighting in a smaller cage (I dont know if they are but it would be a huge factor), then I can see Leites getting a hold of him and grinding him out or get the takedown and use his superior BJJ to get the dec win.

He is +250 on most sites which is crazy to me.

Key question;
Will they be fighting in a smaller cage?

Who you got and why?

I think he will so.

Mousasi has not looked right in his UFC fights. He is D1 Mousasi now.

I think Mousasi is going to negat any show of bjj and get the decision or tko.

Mousasi is no slouch on the ground.

Nope. Mousassi is super under-rated and ... Lol. Can't even keep a straight face.

Mousassi is one of my favorite fighters. Thales is okay, I like that he's worked his ass off on his striking.

I want Sassi to realize his goddamned potential. I don't know who will win but I think that despite Leites improvements in stand up, Sassi still beats him there.

Sassi tends to give up TDs, though Leites is no TD machine. On the ground, in an MMA match, I don't think either guy will submit the other unless the other guy is really hurt.

I guess I've got Mousassi but, dude doesn't make it easy.

THIS WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN:

UnimportantQualifiedAlbatross.gif

If he doesn't let the loss to Bisping get him down, I like his chances.

He can win, but I do not see him winning.

Leites is a great bet in this fight seeing that he is the dog. He was on an 8 fight win streak before the Bising loss (which was a split decision) and the Moose has been very inconsistent and is quite overrated.

Leites is a great bet in this fight seeing that he is the dog. He was on an 8 fight win streak before the Bising loss (which was a split decision) and the Moose has been very inconsistent and is quite overrated.

I'm not so sure he is over-rated anymore.

- mousasi fan#57

Leites is like a less scarier Jacare. If Mousasi plays a cautious countering game and throws a bunch of jabs I think he'll probably win. It being a 3-rounder gives Leites a much better chance compared toa 5-rounder. I'm rooting for Leites but I will be kind of surprised if he can close the distance enough and keep Mousasi on the ground wwithout eating a bunch of strikes

Honestly, I think he's properly rated now. His takedown defense is a problem, but he's very good offensively as far as grappling and BJJ is concerned and he's a better striker than Leites. Yes, Leites can win through takedowns and dominating the control portion of the fight, but I favor Gerard because he's more diverse and probably knows what Thales is going to do. So can he beat him? Yes. Is it likely? I don't think so.

I like Mousasi and thought he would beat Hall, but I knew Hall could KO him. I just dont see Leites winning. But I could be wrong.

Possible.

But I still favor Mousasi and believe he will win.

Leites has improved a ton though in the recent years. I loved his fight against Tim Boetch, gonna rewatch it soon

I have never bet in my life but I would feel quite confident putting money on Thales.

It boggles my mind that the bookies still have faith in Mousasi after all his disappointments.

I'm starting to think they are Sherdoggers.

Back