Anyone else miss prime Cain?

SpedDaddyV

GOAT
@Black
Reaction score
Man, when Cain first burst onto the scene he was a BEAST. He destroyed larger than life men and dominated them in all aspects of the fight game.

Cain has not looked like himself lately, and it is really unfortunate what happened to him in his most recent showing.

Do you guys think Cain can bounce back? Or is he too old?

Feels like yesterday when he first made his debut.

Yes. I miss him. :(

giphy.gif

HealthyFrightenedArrowworm-size_restricted.gif

Cain has about as many MMA fights as Overeem has K1 fights.

Yes, Overeem's secondary career is about the same as Cain's entire legacy.

Werdum exposed 'Cardio Cain' by having better Cardio, and having a better game plan.

Cain had a few moments of brilliance, but that was about it...
Cain matched up well against JDS and Bigfoot... and that's the majority of Cain's prime right there, fighting those 2

I like Cain, don't get me wrong, great fighter.... but I think of him more in a sense of...

You mean the guy who fought the same 2 opponents for 3 years, 7 months?

Problem with Cain is obviously injuries, and a record where ya fight the same 2 people a combined 5 time. 17 fights / 5 in a row against the same two people.... =/

Also 17 fights over going on 9 years is no case to be an all time great, even more so with 3 losses by stoppage. Sorry... but that's facts.

Last edited:
I miss most championship caliber fighters in their prime.

Cain has about as many MMA fights as Overeem has K1 fights.

Yes, Overeem's secondary career is about the same as Cain's entire legacy.

Werdum exposed 'Cardio Cain' by having better Cardio, and having a better game plan.

Cain had a few moments of brilliance, but that was about it...
Cain matched up well against JDS and Bigfoot... and that's the majority of Cain's prime right there, fighting those 2

This is accurate.

I don't think anyone denies Cain had talent and could have made a much bigger impact, he just didn't fight enough to establish himself in that way before he started to slide.

I think he would've lost to Ngannou in his prime. It's just a horrible matchup for him.

I miss most championship caliber fighters in their prime.
Of course, but was it really his "prime" fighting the 2 same guys for damn near 4 years? Losing to JDS and Werdum in that arguable prime?

Of course, but was it really his "prime" fighting the 2 same guys for damn near 4 years? Losing to JDS and Werdum in that arguable prime?

It was obviously the prime of the career he had.

I miss it especially since HW is so one note, but I don't miss it because of the repeat repeat repeat mentality of the matchmaking. I know there wasn't and sorta still isn't much to work with at HW, but damn... it was a forced 4 years of opponents to some extent. 'Course, not his fault, but injuries is really what fucked his prime anyways.

He was a cardio savage in his prime. Unfortunately he was like an exotic sports car, hardly used and spent most of the time in the shop.

Great fighter but giant waste of talent, if Cain had the longevity like Reem he would of been an all time great. His performance against JDS I & II were one of the most impressive feats of destruction displayed by any mma fighter. On that day he beats just about everybody, he was the closest thing we've seen to a terminator.

Back