Anyone else miss prime Cain?

nope. cain was never my fren.

I think he would've lost to Ngannou in his prime. It's just a horrible matchup for him.

If Stipe was able to beat Ngannou with wrestling, prime Cain would have beaten Ngannou even more decisively.

Yes. I miss him. :(

giphy.gif

HealthyFrightenedArrowworm-size_restricted.gif
I don’t get it.

Ken Griffey Jr. of mma. He was one of the all time greats until injuries derailed him. He beat down guys like Big Nog, Ben Rothwell, Cheick Congo, JDS, and has a 12-2 UFC record and has been in the UFC since he was 2-0 a true prodigy

If Stipe was able to beat Ngannou with wrestling, prime Cain would have beaten Ngannou even more decisively.

Stipe didn't beat Ngannou with wrestling. He did it with amazing head movement and boxing defense. He had to spend multiple minutes standing with Ngannou each round and avoiding bombs before he could get the takedown. Cain has poor defense and is overly aggressive. It works against most fighters, but Ngannou lays fighters out when he lands clean on them. And Cain gets tagged in all his fights. He has never shown the defensive capabilities of Stipe and the last fight showed that. Ngannou clipped him and put him down as soon as he got in close.

Back