Anyone else miss Chael?

Choked Shogun out, no less, and also steamrolled and finished Brian Stann. Not to mention he dropped Silva with a punch. He may not have gotten a huge number of finishes but dude was active as hell on top. Hardly a lay and prayer.

He also absolutely dominated Paulo Filho twice when Filho was arguably the #2 middleweight in the world. That guy you replied to is a putz.

Um, did you just bring up the second Paulo Filho fight like it was a regular fight, and not the weirdest fucking thing that every occurred in a sanctioned fight?

Um, did you just bring up the second Paulo Filho fight like it was a regular fight, and not the weirdest fucking thing that every occurred in a sanctioned fight?

It was really only the third round that was weird and it came after Chael had already tooled Filho for 99.9% of the time they'd been in the cage together between the two fights. The one GIF most people have seen from that fight makes it look like something it was not.

I thought I would, but oddly...no.

It was really only the third round that was weird and it came after Chael had already tooled Filho for 99.9% of the time they'd been in the cage together between the two fights. The one GIF most people have seen from that fight makes it look like something it was not.

I don't think you can just write that behavior off like that, Filho was mental hospital crazy. I have seen a lot of fights over the years, and have seen guys take beatings on the ground, but never have I seen anything like that. Chael won that fight yeah, and was kicking Filho's ass before he got caught in that armbar in the first fight, but that second fight was him beating a sick man.

Just listen to the intro to his podcast.

If you're sane you won't miss him much anymore.

Not at all. I would never even think about him if people didn't start threads about him. Have no idea what he's doing and don't care.

I've always had this theory about music, and it basically goes you can't help what you like. Case in point - Toxic by Britney Spears. That song is fucking amazing and I'll fight anyone who says it's not. I can't really pin down why I like it, I can't really explain it, but fuck it, I like it and I'm going to embrace it regardless of how other people percieve it.

Chael Sonnen is my Toxic. I don't quite know why I love him, I probably shouldn't, but god damn I do and I'm going to own that for as long as I live.

With every bullet so far.

i.e. fuck no, fuck no, fuck no and not even a little bit.

Vs. GSP

Or, have his own reality show where Chael is a stay at home dad trying to navigate the streets of West Linn with kids in tow.

Nah, he was ok as a fighter but could back up trash talk much less than Conor, who I dislike just as much but at least got a belt. Sonnen was a proven cheater, disrespectful snb, and karma hit him good. Hope he never comes back. Dude is where he belongs. Don't wish him anything bad and he is doing fine money wise.

Chaels weekly podcasts is one of my favs.

Sonnen was a good fighter that was a minute away from being champ and he was hilarious. There is an hour long video on Sonnen trash talk where he has many classic lines. I see a lot of people in this thread say he sounded scripted but show me another trash talker in MMA that has that many different interviews, with that many different lines. I think Connor is a witty guy, but he rehashes a lot of his talk, and I don't blame his because of the amount of interviews he does. However, Sonnen has the most original lines of an MMA trash-talking fighter. Rashad, Connor, Rampage don't even come close to Chael.

Yes, but hope he doesn't return. I would prefer steroid offenders leave.

Nope.
He was entertaining at first but then it got too over the top, kind of WWE-ish. Plus he gets popped for PEDs, which I don't respect an athlete who cheats. Talented, yes. But no, he can stay where he is.

I hated the guys trash talk always seemed lame and I'm pretty sure most of his best material was stolen from pro wrestlers but I won't lie he makes a fine commentator/analyst.

Back