Anyone else get annoyed...

Chris Champion

Purple Belt
Reaction score
When you reach your muscle limit and have to drop it?

I just got home from training and didn't have enough left for the final rep of shoulder presses. I was just absolutely fucked at around 8 of them. 2 left and my arms would not go up.

I know this may seem like a pointless post, but I needed to vent this... I'm sure most of you have felt the same at some point.

It depends. Does yelling out "FUCKING SHIT, GODDAMNIT YOU PUSSY!" at my image in the mirror mean I am annoyed?

I'm getting too used to the home-gym thing, I have to watch myself when I am lifting in public.

Personally, I enjoy it. I know that I'm pushing my body as hard as it can go, and that I will be all the better for it.

I hate hitting failure. It pisses me off for the rest of the day.

Chris Champion said:
When you reach your muscle limit and have to drop it?

I just got home from training and didn't have enough left for the final rep of shoulder presses. I was just absolutely fucked at around 8 of them. 2 left and my arms would not go up.

I know this may seem like a pointless post, but I needed to vent this... I'm sure most of you have felt the same at some point.

this always happens to me i hate it.

i rarely push the weights to failure and have never seen a point to doing it anymore than rarely. as far as sparring or cardio i ussually push myself till my body wants to flip itself off, but not till i feel like i never want to do either activity again.

I don't think this guy is talking about training to failure, more that he's getting to the stage where he's burning out just trying to complete his regular rep scheme.

Anyway, as someone already said, lifting right after training is a shitty idea unless you're really pressed for time, I wouldn't even lift on the same day but it depends on how often you train.

not really i just rest a few seconds and then pound the missed reps out with an added rep for ass kicking.

Shotokan777 said:
It depends. Does yelling out "FUCKING SHIT, GODDAMNIT YOU PUSSY!" at my image in the mirror mean I am annoyed?

I'm getting too used to the home-gym thing, I have to watch myself when I am lifting in public.
I would love to here someone yell that at the gym I work out at. LOL

It doesnt bother me too much...Shows me im doing something right...just so long as the weights going up and im not failing on a weight ive done many times before.

Back