Anyone else function better when they are tired?

You just think your functioning better. The truth is you function worse when you are tired. It's like being drunk so you think your alright but in reality you are all fucked up.

I function a lot worse even when only a bit tired. It's almost scary how much and how quickly being hungry and/or tired affects everything.

I don't believe you. You could be bipolar though. They can go days without sleeping because they feel like they can accomplish more when in reality they are not accomplishing anything worthwhile.

I will say it's possible that being tired, your brain dispenses with some baggage and instead of a series of checks / double-checks you just do the damn thing.

The most relaxed I've ever felt in my entire life was once when I was about the most dead tired I've ever been. Brain was as close to off as it could possibly be, and I was just floating there - no random thoughts, nothing. I guess that's the state that people strive for when they meditate.

Nope. I need 8 hours sleep, minimum, to be productive. Otherwise its hello headaches, itching eyes, general lethargy, grumpiness, poor memory, et cetera.

I think my training is starting to take its toll. Back when I was in my twenties I could work out pretty hard and not need more sleep than usual.
But nowadays (having picked up my training again last year as a result of a 30-year crisis) I need two to three hours extra sleep after a training day to feel rested.

If I have to get by on 6 hours, which was pretty much standard back in my college years and early career, I'm a wreck.

I function a lot worse even when only a bit tired. It's almost scary how much and how quickly being hungry and/or tired affects everything.

I know, right? I've taken to napping in the afternoon, before getting on with my work or whatever needs doing. Getting anything done is a drag when you're starting to tire, so you might as well invest an hour or two on sleeping - you will end up getting the same amount of work done since you're more efficient when rested, and you'll do it without feeling like shit while doing it.

Last edited:
If after being awake for 16 hours I push through, at around the 22 hour mark I'll often get a surge of energy/hyper awareness but it only lasts for a few hours and isn't worth the trouble.

In some ways.

I don't have the energy to be anxious at all, so it's easy to talk to people.

And my mood tends to improve, becoming almost giddy.

Not sure about being tired, but I find that I am most efficient when I'm under a moderate amount of stress. I tend to take it easy when I don't have deadline to meet, but I'm like a machine when the pressure is on.

I used to take a lot of adderall. I found the sweet spot is usually between 50-100 hours awake. Basicly the 3rd day without sleeping. After that things get pretty weird the first few times, but after being up for so long, so many times u get used to it. I was up for a week straight once, almost made it to 8 days but then i got really hungry and i ate a bunch of stuff and passed out, i was pretty dissapointed in myself. 8 days would have been pretty epic.

That has more to do with your emotional state or perception. I'm guessing your in high school or early college to think your physically better missing sleep.

Back