Anyone else disappointed with Xbox Backwards Compatibility?

does Sony have full backwards compat?
I think its like Xbox where not everything has been added yet. It probably actually has a much bigger selection at this point, but you have to pay a subscription fee and the games are all digital.

I agree... It's pretty lame.

I would have bought an Xbox One early on if they offer backwards compatibility out of gate... As it is, I'm still rocking the 360 and not seeing a real compelling to jump up yet.

On the last gen, it was Oblivion that motivated me to upgrade. I just haven't seen that game yet.

All these shitty online/multiplayer only releases aren't helping either.

Last edited:
Not disappointed at all. There are quite a few that I have installed/played: Beyond Good and Evil HD, Condemned, Castle Crashers, South Park: TSoT, The Witcher 2, Portal, Mirror's Edge, N+, Mass Effect, Gears of War series, Earthworm Jim HD, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Fable III and Shadow Complex.

More will be added eventually and there are plenty of old and new Xbox games to keep me busy in the mean time. No complaints on my end.

I dont know why anyone expected anything else honestly. Just look at their track record. I still gives zero fucks about backwards compatibility on any platform. Just play the games on the original hardware or suffer with bad emulation.

Not disappointed at all. There are quite a few that I have installed/played: Beyond Good and Evil HD, Condemned, Castle Crashers, South Park: TSoT, The Witcher 2, Portal, Mirror's Edge, N+, Mass Effect, Gears of War series, Earthworm Jim HD, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Fable III and Shadow Complex.

More will be added eventually and there are plenty of old and new Xbox games to keep me busy in the mean time. No complaints on my end.
Of course you aren't.

Deus Ex ran so terribly that I gave up and unistalled it near the beginning of the first cutscene.

At least the Dirt games worked.

Hmm...now why oh why am I more inclined to believe Green Poncho's account?
Of course you aren't.
Oh yeah. That's why.

Sony:

Microsoft:

Steam:

I'm a PC-Master Race, Steam user.

What is this backwards compatability you speak of?

I am praying UFC Undisputed 3 will be added, so I dont have to buy the EA UFC games.

UFC Undisputed 3 was the best

Its something, but even with my complaints about Xbox Back compat its better than Playstations IMO. Since you don't have to pay to play games you already own.

Idk its nice to have it at all on either system, but i hope more games we want start releasing.
I don't even consider that backwards compatibility, that's just selling old games

I'm not going to bitch about bone here, they're at least trying and I appreciate it

What a waste of money on those other two lol.
Yeah, gotta love the gamerscores:

Xbox -- 96,955
Playstation -- 127

It's like they were purchased for the same reason gay men used to marry women.

I am praying UFC Undisputed 3 will be added, so I dont have to buy the EA UFC games.

UFC Undisputed 3 was the best

Do yourself a favor and get EA Access, that game will most likely never be BC because THQ shut down.

30 bucks a year, five bucks per month so you basically get 6 months for free. EA UFC, Star Wars Battlefront, NFS, Titanfall, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Dragon Age, Madden, NHL, Fifa, you get discounts on all EA stuff in the store and 10 hour free trials of EA's upcoming games you'd get the first EA UFC and a 10 hour trial of the new one coming out and eventually it'll be added to the Vault so you'll get the whole game.

EA Access is a big plus for the Xbox and I've heard they may make 360 games BC which would mean Fight Night Round 4 could be playable on the One which would be amazing because it trumps any UFC game ever made.

Fair enough, but i can speak from first hand experience most games so far run like shit under backwards compatibility. And there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. Fallout 3 runs fine for me, if not better than it did on 360, same with Vegas 2, but most of the gears games, Halo Reach Deus Ex and a few others i have tried run absolutely horrible .

Yeah, gotta love the gamerscores:

Xbox -- 96,955
Playstation -- 127

It's like they were purchased for the same reason gay men used to marry women.
Lol, never seen a console used as a beard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back