Anyone else disappointed with Xbox Backwards Compatibility?

76Knockout

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Backwards compatibility has been a joke. They have released pretty much none of the top requested games, and the one a lot of us are waiting for Black Ops 1 was supposed to be out in December iirc, and still hasn't released.

The few games I have ran through backwards compatibility have run like crap. Halo Reach was nearly unplayable (single player) due to the horrible frame rate, Same with Gears of War Judgement and Gears 2 to a lesser extent.

The games all in all seem to run worse (with the exception that screen tearing has been eliminated). And i know there are some good arcade games on 360 but it seems other than the Witcher 2 its been nothing but arcade games released in the past 2 months.

Idk its a free feature so maybe i am nit picking, i just had high hopes for backwards compatibility and it hasn't been very good so far IMO. Anyone else feel this way?

I feel at this point picking up a used 360 might just be the way to go.

Deus Ex ran so terribly that I gave up and unistalled it near the beginning of the first cutscene.

At least the Dirt games worked.

Really the game I care about them doing is Red Dead, and they still haven't done it. I didn't know they were struggling to run games on it though, that kind of defeats the purpose

Im disappointed with Xbox Ones shitty bare bones new release game selection
Definitely shoulda bought me a PS4 instead

Really the game I care about them doing is Red Dead, and they still haven't done it. I didn't know they were struggling to run games on it though, that kind of defeats the purpose
That's my point is like they are releasing these games on bc that yeah might have some fans but they know the games fans really want and have yet to deliver them. Sucks.

Im disappointed with Xbox Ones shitty bare bones new release game selection
Definitely shoulda bought me a PS4 instead
I have both systems and its not like there are a lot of exclusive PS4 games being released either.

Good to know nothing has changed from the 360's backward compatibility. Tried to play KOTOR on it a while ago. Choppy as fuck. To the point where it just wasn't worth it. I guess it's a technology thing.

The 360 is still there though, and unlike other generations, it's still being supported(relatively speaking). Just play the games on that, if you absolutely have to play old games. The servers are still going strong for most of the games.

Good to know nothing has changed from the 360's backward compatibility. Tried to play KOTOR on it a while ago. Choppy as fuck. To the point where it just wasn't worth it. I guess it's a technology thing.

The 360 is still there though, and unlike other generations, it's still being supported(relatively speaking). Just play the games on that, if you absolutely have to play old games. The servers are still going strong for most of the games.
Yeah, it just would have been nice IMO to be able to play Black Ops 1 with a large community again. So many people have left 360 behind, so the player count online is super small. I bet a game like that would have gotten a second life almost which i was excited for. I personally don't like Advanced warfare or Black Ops 3 at all. I like the simpler Cod's like World at War and Black Ops.

There's no chance of another CoD being BC. It would take too much traffic from the newest game. It would be a stupid business move, imo.

To your point about frame rate, Mass Effect is horrible on that front.

Hmmm Castlevania also, nice. Those are probably the two I care the most about on the 360

I played Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie, didn't have any real problems. I haven't played too much outside of that, my old 360 is still hooked up for Gears 3 multiplayer and Left 4 Dead so if I wanna play a 360 game I'll just do it on the 360 itself.

havent had a problem with any of the games ive played

Shadow Complex
Pac-Man
Super Meat Boy
Rainbow Six
Perfect Dark
Braid

all work as good as on the original console

as for people expecting an older COD/BLOPS game being released when new ones are available are just being stupid

Backwards compatibility has been a joke. They have released pretty much none of the top requested games, and the one a lot of us are waiting for Black Ops 1 was supposed to be out in December iirc, and still hasn't released.

The few games I have ran through backwards compatibility have run like crap. Halo Reach was nearly unplayable (single player) due to the horrible frame rate, Same with Gears of War Judgement and Gears 2 to a lesser extent.

The games all in all seem to run worse (with the exception that screen tearing has been eliminated). And i know there are some good arcade games on 360 but it seems other than the Witcher 2 its been nothing but arcade games released in the past 2 months.

Idk its a free feature so maybe i am nit picking, i just had high hopes for backwards compatibility and it hasn't been very good so far IMO. Anyone else feel this way?

I feel at this point picking up a used 360 might just be the way to go.

Or switch up to sony, and have backwards compatibility?

Or switch up to sony, and have backwards compatibility?
PS Plus was even worse since you have to pay just to get access to the games. I already own 40+ 360 games digitally and on disc.

Also even with good internet connection it seemed like the games on PS plus ran sub 720p for some reason.

PS Plus was even worse since you have to pay just to get access to the games. I already own 40+ 360 games digitally and on disc.

Also even with good internet connection it seemed like the games on PS plus ran sub 720p for some reason.

It's not perfect but at least it's something

Its something, but even with my complaints about Xbox Back compat its better than Playstations IMO. Since you don't have to pay to play games you already own.

Idk its nice to have it at all on either system, but i hope more games we want start releasing.

does Sony have full backwards compat?

Back