anyone else bothered by how differently the judges saw the guilard-varner fight?

blah_blah619

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
i mean i'm not here to argue for one fighter over another but i dont see how 3 judges can use the same scoring criteria and yet see the fight completely different. 30-27, 27-30, 30-27 split decision should never happen. ever.

I agree, at least the right guy won.

I have no idea how a judge could have seen it 30-27 for Melvin.

That was pretty crazy since Melvin was dropped in the first round.

The guy should be taken out back and shot. He is useless! Thank got the right guy won. Good close fight, but an obvious winner.

It's a clear sign that these judges are not taught about MMA rules...... they just score on whatever they like.....boxing rules....kickboxing rules.....wrestling rules......

So how long have you been watching MMA anyway?

That's pretty much par for the course.

That's why there are three judges - there's always bound to be a retard, chances are you don't get two retards; but that happens too.

From the play by play:
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UFC-155-Results-Dos-Santos-vs-Velasquez-2-PlaybyPlay-Updates-48565

Official result: Max Holloway def. Leonard Garcia via Split Decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28) R3 5:00
Official result: Jamie Varner def. Melvin Guillard via Split Decision (30-27, 27-30, 30-27) R3 5:00
Official result: Eddie Wineland def. Brad Pickett via Split Decision (30-27, 28-29, 30-27) R3 5:00

Assuming its the same judge that scored it for Tim Bradley, Condit and Machida :)

yep, the lauzon and belcher fight's got me scared with this numbnuts judging.

Maybe one judge actually didn't consider the leg kicks useless? How much did Varner do? The fight was pretty back and forth.

Just because they don't have 3 judges that score the exact same way as each other doesn't mean anything is wrong. 2 judges scoring 1 way and a third scoring another doesn't automatically mean the 2 are right.

Last edited:
Like i said in the other thread: the police should head out immediately to the judges house to see if his spouse or children are being hold hostage!

Aside from the nice leg kicks Melvin really didn't do shit.

Maybe one judge actually didn't consider the leg kicks useless? How much did Varner do? The fight was pretty back and forth.

Just because they don't have 3 judges that score the exact same way as each other doesn't mean anything is wrong. 2 judges scoring 1 way and a third scoring another doesn't automatically mean the 2 are right.

I can understand disparages between judging, everyone has a different opinion, but for one judge to say this guy won every round and another judge say he didn't win any rounds seems a little off to me

this clearly shows any judge can give any score they like and nobody can say anything or do anything about it! wtf!

it was a close fight

I can see how judges could have seen guillard winning round 1 and 2

Round 3 is the only round that Varner clearly won

The 29-28 score of Pickett-Wineland was worse. How someone gave Pickett even one stanza really stretches and astonishes my limited, mortal mind. Melvin-Varner at least had one or two rounds that weren't completely dominant.

Yeah, 30-27 Melvin was a fucking dumbshit score, but I could see how one (not me) could have seen it 29-28 for Melvin.

I have 2 theories for this:

1) Sometimes it seems the judges agree that one of them will give a consolation score for the loser.

2) That judge bet on Guillard.

it was a close fight

I can see how judges could have seen guillard winning round 1 and 2

Round 3 is the only round that Varner clearly won

Yeah 1 and 2 where close and depended on what the judges were looking for. Guillard was landing a bunch of leg kicks and started workin that jab in the second.

Still think the right man won though but it's not like it was a landslide.
-

I agree Doopidy

Back