Anyone change their opinion of Jon Jones after Rogan interview?

Omega Man

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I went from not liking Jones to liking him after his talk with Rogan. Anyone one else feel differently about Jones after watching that?

He confirmed he lacks discipline and will probably end up ruining his career with similar antics.

He's a villian. I love it. He exposed all the Sherbros and brought tears on all you sick whores

I didn't feel many of his answers were genuine.

Opinion didn't change.

nope_zps9cfa59f3.gif

Still mah boy.

I like anyone that makes almost everyone feel better about themselves.

He's a human being. And one hell of a fighter.

People love to kick a black man when he's down.

He was completely unlikable in the interview. No idea how anyone could be turned by that. He was classic Jones where he played the victim, acted like his shit didn't stink and bragged that he was "mature" enough to drink again and not fuck up. Sure...

I have always admired Jones as a fighter but not as a person. I care way more about what he does in the cage.

Thay being said, i am even willing to bet $$ that he gets ktfo or worked in either of his next 2 fights. If he gets Aj right of the bat , he will get ktfo. Before I always picked Jones. But this episode has changed things. He aint coming back the same after a long ass time out and so much emotional baggage. Look at Tyson,
Tiger Woods, etc.....Jon Jones will follow.

I don't give a shit what people do outside of the octagon (except ped, he was my GOAT too). If they do the requirements for their punishment to return the by all means, fight until you retire. I watch ufc for fights, not TMZ "celebrity" drama.

He's a human being. And one hell of a fighter.

People love to kick a black man when he's down.
He isn't down. He landed on his feet with a crack legal team. 2 scenarios are likely to occur.

1. He hits somebody in Albuquerque again and gets another DUI or something stupid while intoxicated.
2. Starts fighting like shit because he was using PEDs all along and needed them to succeed and he can't risk using again because he would likely be suspended 2 or more years.

Nope. I really enjoy seeing Jon fight but he's a pretty flawed human being. I think he's a pretty good bullshitter and tries to pull people on his side when in the public eye. But you have to ask yourself, "If they are simple mistakes, why does he keep making them so frequently?". I have no problem enjoying his fights despite that, but I admire athletes more if they don't have that hang up.

I didnt care much for the interview. I was really hoping he was just going to go on there and shoot the shit like any regular guest. Instead we got a PSA on why Jon thinks hes a good guy. I would have liked to just hear him talk about MMA from his perspective, all topics.

I respected him discussing all that personal shit without any teary-eyed breakdowns. Don't know if he was honest or not, but I took it at face value.

Back