Anybody with any sense knows DC is the best LHW/HW fighter of this era

Look, I hate to do this because I'm a big DC fan, but he has actually benefited from moving between weightclasses in his career. I won't write a long post, but let's look at the stages in his career.

He won the HW Tournament in Strikeforce. He beat Big Foot and Barnett. Good wins, but they were not the Top HWs in the world at that time. There's no argument there.

He then comes to the UFC and beats Mir and Big Country at HW. Again, good wins, but they definitely weren't the top heavyweights at the time.

Then announces his move to LHW and stirs up controversy with Jones. He still has never fought the top guy in his weightclass. He beats Patrick Cummins and Dan Henderson (Neither are no where near the top of the division), and earns a title shot.

Jones outclasses him in the title fight.

Cormier then goes on to beat Gustafsson and Rumble. GREAT wins. This is the only time he has ever beaten the top guys in either weightclass though?

Then he loses again to Jones. and makes his move to HW.

He knocks out Stipe, GREAT win. And beats Black Beast. GOOD win.

So at the end of the day, DC has only beaten 2 top guys at LHW (3, if you count Volkan). And 1 elite guy at HW (2, if you count Lewis.)

In both weightclasses, he was able to cut the line by generating hype from switching weightclasses.

He didn't have to go through a line of contenders at LHW like Jones did and is still doing. He never had to fight JDS, Cain, Overeem, Brock, Carwin at HW like everyone else did.

It's also worth pointing out too that Jones is 14-0 in UFC title fights while DC is 6-2. Their records aren't comparable, even before you get into the fact that they've literally fought multiple times and Jones has always come out on top.

DC is a very great fighter, but saying stuff like TS did is just dumb.

Jones and Cormier are the best fighters in HW and LHW, no doubt it about, no one else has been able to beat them. Both are GOATS.

Jones is the Lance Armstrong of mma. A proven cheat multiple times. Anybody who even has him in GOAT talks is deluded and has bought UFC's poor caliber propaganda.

DC kills a clean version of Jones. The Jones who fought Santos and OSP gets his head slammed through the Octogon floor by DC. JJ needs to needle his ass to beat DC and is a disgrace to the "sport".
Rethink your words

Jones is the Lance Armstrong of mma. A proven cheat multiple times. Anybody who even has him in GOAT talks is deluded and has bought UFC's poor caliber propaganda.

DC kills a clean version of Jones. The Jones who fought Santos and OSP gets his head slammed through the Octogon floor by DC. JJ needs to needle his ass to beat DC and is a disgrace to the "sport".

You don’t even remotely understand what Armstrong was up to

Jones beat him up twice
A third D.C. / Jones bout is just for the UFC's coffers. Why are we throwing this war-torn veteran up against a patently unbeatable competitor still in prime?

Never understood why fans didn't take to D.C. for a long time. This sport is chock full of hard-to-please'rs.<Oku01>

Before I’m even considering the argument, why the hell would you smash LHW a and HW together? They’re different weight classes and the best LHW cannot just go up and beat HWs... that isn’t how it works

Look, I hate to do this because I'm a big DC fan, but he has actually benefited from moving between weightclasses in his career. I won't write a long post, but let's look at the stages in his career.

He won the HW Tournament in Strikeforce. He beat Big Foot and Barnett. Good wins, but they were not the Top HWs in the world at that time. There's no argument there.

He then comes to the UFC and beats Mir and Big Country at HW. Again, good wins, but they definitely weren't the top heavyweights at the time.

Then announces his move to LHW and stirs up controversy with Jones. He still has never fought the top guy in his weightclass. He beats Patrick Cummins and Dan Henderson (Neither are no where near the top of the division), and earns a title shot.

Cormier then goes on to beat Gustafsson and Rumble. GREAT wins. This is the only time he has ever beaten the top guys in either weightclass though?

So at the end of the day, DC has only beaten 2 top guys at LHW (3, if you count Volkan). And 1 elite guy at HW (2, if you count Lewis.)

In both weightclasses, he was able to cut the line by generating hype from switching weightclasses.

He didn't have to go through a line of contenders at LHW like Jones did and is still doing. He never had to fight JDS, Cain, Overeem, Brock, Carwin at HW like everyone else did.

Contrary to TS, I think JBJ is LHW GOAT, but I wouldn't say Jones "out-classed" DC. Also let DC juice to the level Overeem, Brock and Carwin did (or let them all fight clean) and DC merks all three of them easily. That those 3 fighters are not on DC's resume I don't view as having any bearing. As for DC vs JDS, I would give DC at least as good a chance as Cain's. DC's superior fighter IQ would be decisive IMO. Anyway I will grant that Overeem and JDS are relevant absences from DC's record. But not Brock, Carwin and Cain. The hard fact is that Cain Velasquez has fought only 3 times in the last 6 years, getting finished twice quite convincingly, subbed in 3rd by Werdum and KOed in the 1st by Ngannou. I don't think Cain comes into this discussion at all.

The funny thing is the more I read of your post the more convinced of DC's GOAT-level greatness I became.

DC doesn't even think he is better then Jones

Solid analysis, and a welcome departure from the usual DC/JBJ bickering.

So those are the people he should have fought to be more legitimate in your eyes? Miocic only fought two of the five you list, so I guess his résumé is pretty weak as well.

Personally, I think you're underselling some of Cormier's wins. Bigfoot had just stopped the HW GOAT when Cormier dismantled him. Barnett had won all of his Affliction and Strikeforce fights until he faced Cormier. Dan Henderson had been scheduled to fight for the LHW belt.

Your Lance Armstrong analogy is a good one because he was also a scapegoat in a sport where everyone was using PED's (just like UFC)

I fail to understand how Jones was considered 'clean' for OSP. He looked to be the most jacked of any fight I've seen him in.

Turinabol and clomiphene do not use needles.

Back