Anybody with any sense knows DC is the best LHW/HW fighter of this era

Snowy1

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Jones is the Lance Armstrong of mma. A proven cheat multiple times. Anybody who even has him in GOAT talks is deluded and has bought UFC's poor caliber propaganda.

DC kills a clean version of Jones. The Jones who fought Santos and OSP gets his head slammed through the Octogon floor by DC. JJ needs to needle his ass to beat DC and is a disgrace to the "sport".

I'd definitely want to see "Clean Bones" vs DC to settle this once and for all.

Dc is the man and i expect him to beat Stipe again but Jones just got his number.

tenor.gif

I close my eyez and see Jon Jones in TS head...

giphy.gif

Look, I hate to do this because I'm a big DC fan, but he has actually benefited from moving between weightclasses in his career. I won't write a long post, but let's look at the stages in his career.

He won the HW Tournament in Strikeforce. He beat Big Foot and Barnett. Good wins, but they were not the Top HWs in the world at that time. There's no argument there.

He then comes to the UFC and beats Mir and Big Country at HW. Again, good wins, but they definitely weren't the top heavyweights at the time.

Then announces his move to LHW and stirs up controversy with Jones. He still has never fought the top guy in his weightclass. He beats Patrick Cummins and Dan Henderson (Neither are no where near the top of the division), and earns a title shot.

Jones outclasses him in the title fight.

Cormier then goes on to beat Gustafsson and Rumble. GREAT wins. This is the only time he has ever beaten the top guys in either weightclass though?

Then he loses again to Jones. and makes his move to HW.

He knocks out Stipe, GREAT win. And beats Black Beast. GOOD win.

So at the end of the day, DC has only beaten 2 top guys at LHW (3, if you count Volkan). And 1 elite guy at HW (2, if you count Lewis.)

In both weightclasses, he was able to cut the line by generating hype from switching weightclasses.

He didn't have to go through a line of contenders at LHW like Jones did and is still doing. He never had to fight JDS, Cain, Overeem, Brock, Carwin at HW like everyone else did.

***Edit*** Forgot to put Werdum, Arlovski, Hunt, Gonzaga, Ngnannou to the list of dangerous HWs DC never had to face. And no I don't think they could all beat him. But they all offer different styles.

Last edited:
Dc is the man and i expect him to beat Stipe again but Jones just got his number.
Sadly we never will see a "clean Jones".

The UFC have decided to protect him and enable his PED use. Any chance they had of cleaning him up went out the window, when they forced USADA to help him get the Turinabol microdosing exception.

I really blame Conor McGregor for the Jones situation. Once Conor walked away, they had no more PPV stars to headline big events. And bringing Jon back worked -- Jon Jones has single-handedly outsold the rest of the UFC since December, with his fights against Gus and Smith selling 700k & 650k PPVs respectively. That means he's sold nearly 2 million PPVs since December when you include whatever numbers his fight vs Thiago Santos did.

With how abrubtly the gravy trains ended for Conor and Ronda, the UFC is going to do everything they can to protect Jones ... until he doesn't sell PPVs anymore. At that point he'll be thrown to the wolves, but no one will care.

Jones beat DC twice. He's a cheater though, no question.

Anybody with sense knows DC and Jones were on a leveled playing field for both fights

Jones is the Lance Armstrong of mma. A proven cheat multiple times. Anybody who even has him in GOAT talks is deluded and has bought UFC's poor caliber propaganda.

DC kills a clean version of Jones. The Jones who fought Santos and OSP gets his head slammed through the Octogon floor by DC. JJ needs to needle his ass to beat DC and is a disgrace to the "sport".

Nah.
HW:Fedor
LHW:Jones

DC: Lost twice to Jones.

Any version of Fedor would get raped by either of those two, drugs or not.
And I'm a huge Fedor fan.

vitor%20jones%20armbar.gif

You gotta fight the juice with the juice baby. JBJ GOAT.

Also, what a tough motherfucker.

Look, I hate to do this because I'm a big DC fan, but he has actually benefited from moving between weightclasses in his career. I won't write a long post, but let's look at the stages in his career.

He won the HW Tournament in Strikeforce. He beat Big Foot and Barnett. Good wins, but they were not the Top HWs in the world at that time. There's no argument there.

He then comes to the UFC and beats Mir and Big Country at HW. Again, good wins, but they definitely weren't the top heavyweights at the time.

Then announces his move to LHW and stirs up controversy with Jones. He still has never fought the top guy in his weightclass. He beats Patrick Cummins and Dan Henderson (Neither are no where near the top of the division), and earns a title shot.

Jones outclasses him in the title fight.

Cormier then goes on to beat Gustafsson and Rumble. GREAT wins. This is the only time he has ever beaten the top guys in either weightclass though?

Then he loses again to Jones. and makes his move to HW.

He knocks out Stipe, GREAT win. And beats Black Beast. GOOD win.

So at the end of the day, DC has only beaten 2 top guys at LHW (3, if you count Volkan). And 1 elite guy at HW (2, if you count Lewis.)

In both weightclasses, he was able to cut the line by generating hype from switching weightclasses.

He didn't have to go through a line of contenders at LHW like Jones did and is still doing. He never had to fight JDS, Cain, Overeem, Brock, Carwin at HW like everyone else did.

Solid breakdown. DC is a monster, no doubt about that. Everything you have said is true. He needed a solid run to show the consistency in his ability and he ended up doing it the way you described instead leaving room for what if's. More questions than answers do not land someone in the role of goat.

Of course Jones is a cheat but because Cormier's kicking prowess is nowehere near Santos', it's not obvious to me that the Jones who fought Santos would lose to Cormier. As is often repeated, styles make fights.

Back