Anybody watch Casamayor vs Katsidis on Sat?

I've been follwoing Katsidis for a while now and saw him live against Graham Earl. Every fight he goes all out and are exciting as hell. I recommend people check them out.

Shame to see him lose. I think he had it in him to win.

I liked how Casamayor got in Katsidis's face and talked shit as soon as he stepped in the ring after that homosexual ringwalk with that ridiculous helmet.

Anyone feel oddly compelled to lay some money on B-Hop? Maybe that's just me.

I was thinking about that recently after the Juan Diaz vs. Nate Campbell upset.

Even as a Bhop fan, i'm still not convinced enough to do it though. Joe is a monster. :icon_chee

I see when Kat lunged in (prior to the final knock down) he had his head up. When Tyson would lunge in for an attack like that his head would usually be down, tucked between his shoulders - protected in a large part by both his non-punching fist and the position of his head.
Is this just something he randomly did? Or was it how Cuz groomed his fighters?
Again, while lunging in.

Lunging is always dangerous, but sometimes is necessary when one is short and powerful- like Iron Mike. I would be more inclined to believe that Mike did this on his own, as he knew that he was quick and powerful enough to catch his opponents- still a dangerous move though.

After watching the fight, I was thinking about how impressed i was by Katsidis, not Casamayor.

After the first round jitters, it looked to me like Katsidis was the one who came to deliver a fight.
He was extremely aggressive (which wound up being his downfall) and he really pressed the fight. I had him winning on the cards come round 10, even after suffering a 10-7 first round.

IMO, Katsidis is a much better prospect/fighter than Casamayor, but make no mistake about it, Casa gets many Kudos for being a game competitor and not wilting after falling behind in the late middle rounds. Especially after being pounded through the ropes.

The last left that finished the fight was nothing more than a nice punch that landed on the button.

In a rematch, I would take Katsidis, and depending on the lines, I might actually bet on him too.

After watching the fight, I was thinking about how impressed i was by Katsidis, not Casamayor.

After the first round jitters, it looked to me like Katsidis was the one who came to deliver a fight.
He was extremely aggressive (which wound up being his downfall) and he really pressed the fight. I had him winning on the cards come round 10, even after suffering a 10-7 first round.

IMO, Katsidis is a much better prospect/fighter than Casamayor, but make no mistake about it, Casa gets many Kudos for being a game competitor and not wilting after falling behind in the late middle rounds. Especially after being pounded through the ropes.

The last left that finished the fight was nothing more than a nice punch that landed on the button.

In a rematch, I would take Katsidis, and depending on the lines, I might actually bet on him too.

Everyone would love to see a rematch and your right if it did happen I'd have to put my money on Katsidis. He made a mental error and would've gotten the decision. I don't think he'd make the same mistake twice but it would be great to see them two go at it again.

Agreed. He should be anticipating where the southpaws punches are coming from... but that was a big stage for him. Alot going on in his head. After those two knock downs he was keeping his right up alot higher. In the middle rounds he seemed to be handling those punches much better, even when they did land crisp.

Casamayor knocked Katsidis out. That means he's better than Rocky at this point in time. No point in trying to spin it any other way.

Joel beat him legally, without the benefit of a judges decision and did it in a fight where Katsidis was better than a 2-1 favourite. Casamayor is the one who deserves the props here, not Katsidis.

It was a good fight. I can see a rematch taking place. HBO will sport it.

Casamayor knocked Katsidis out. That means he's better than Rocky at this point in time. No point in trying to spin it any other way.

Joel beat him legally, without the benefit of a judges decision and did it in a fight where Katsidis was better than a 2-1 favourite. Casamayor is the one who deserves the props here, not Katsidis.

Agreed, I actually thought Katsidis was getting sloppy well before the KO. (more sloppy?) Casamayor was tagging him and outboxing him. I really thought we would see another controversial decision for Casamayor.

goddamned if that wasn't fun to watch.

Incredible see-sawing.

I saw the highlights and I thought it had it looked like an incredible fight. I was totally perplexed on how it would go after the first round after Katsidis got dropped twice. But he came back big and the Casamayor being knocked into the judges lap was amazing. Shame for Katsidis, he looked like he was going to come back big. Part of me thinks he still could have stayed in it if he didn't jump up from that third knockdown so quickly.

Great fight....very dramatic..katsidis put up a hell of a fight..too bad for him that it ended the way it did

katsidis got overanxious by the success he had in the earlier rounds and walked right into that shot, it could not have been any easier for joel; katsidis got away from his gameplan after joel made the adj and prob fig he needed to be aggressive and walk through him, instead of workign his way in and then exploding.

the same thing that put him down twice early was the same thing that got him koed

a rematch between these two would be a good thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back