Anybody watch Casamayor vs Katsidis on Sat?

yeah that was an awesome fight, i was rooting for casamayor before the whole thing started. Then i saw katsidis stupid spartan outfit again and i wanted him killed.

yeah that was an awesome fight, i was rooting for casamayor before the whole thing started. Then i saw katsidis stupid spartan outfit again and i wanted him killed.

Same here I didn't know that guy hadn't lost. I thought he was gonna get his ass kicked after the first round but he turned things around. He just got greedy and started runing at Casamayor and ran right into one of his punches just like in the first. Great fight though.

Great fight.
One out of many we've been getting.
I was sure that Casamayor was going to make Katsidis look like a fool.
Aside from clips on youtube I really never saw the guy fight before.
And all of the "next Gatti" references were making think that this guy is going to get played in the ring.
I kept thinking of Ivan Robinson/Gatti.
The 1st two drops I didn't know exactly what to think. Did Katsidis just have no chin? Or was Casamayor, in his southpaw stance, just throwing Katsidis off because of the big lefts he wasn't expecting?

Regardless, really fun fight to watch.
When Katsidis knocked him through the ropes I was just bugging out.
Even more so, that shot to the body right before.
Very impressed with Katsidis.
But also very impressed with Casamayor.
Maybe you need a figther like a Katsidis to bring out the heart and determination in a fighter like Casamayor.

And NOW we're going to be getting Cotto, Cintron, Margarito, Dawson.... damn. This is a great year.

I loved every second of the fight. Excellent action from start to finish...after those first two knockdowns I was like...okay, Katsidis is in way over his head here but when he turned the tide in the middle rounds and knocked Casamayor through the ropes I flipped out. I even said though when I was watching it "He better not get sloppy though" and then bam, he gets sloppy and Casa blows him away with a perfect left hook. Awesome fight.

Same here I didn't know that guy hadn't lost. I thought he was gonna get his ass kicked after the first round but he turned things around. He just got greedy and started runing at Casamayor and ran right into one of his punches just like in the first. Great fight though.

He got timed in the first and didn't run into anything that wasn't in the mind of Casa. However in the 10th he did get a little cocky and thought he overpower his opponent. In comes a check hook and down Katsidis goes.

Great fight, but the youngsters better learn though. Two old dogs in two weeks!!!

I watched the highlights on YouTube and it looked like a GREAT fight.

Anyone feel oddly compelled to lay some money on B-Hop? Maybe that's just me.

great fucking fight. we had a pbp(sort of) on here. and right before the first round I said Casa would win. then BOOM! but I was worried after 9 rds or so but man was I ever happy when my man KO'd Kat

Holy shit they fought?

Holy shit they fought?

Where you been man? haha u gotta keep up. sick sick fight though, i felt for katsidis, put on a tough showing and was on his way to a decision in my opinion. I also felt he coulda finished casamayor in that 4th round i think it was.

Where you been man? haha u gotta keep up. sick sick fight though, i felt for katsidis, put on a tough showing and was on his way to a decision in my opinion. I also felt he coulda finished casamayor in that 4th round i think it was.

Your sarcasm detector is broken.

Joel is a tough motherf*cker...not everyday you see a guy get knocked out of the ring, get up and win by KO.

Your sarcasm detector is broken.

Ha well i feel stupid now...nah i really thought mayb u might have missed it, haha i didnt really know how big into it you really were, mayb u forgot about it or something. My bad though. guess you could agree it was a good fight though haha

great match they were really hyping up kats to be the next gatti

I see when Kat lunged in (prior to the final knock down) he had his head up. When Tyson would lunge in for an attack like that his head would usually be down, tucked between his shoulders - protected in a large part by both his non-punching fist and the position of his head.
Is this just something he randomly did? Or was it how Cuz groomed his fighters?
Again, while lunging in.

Was it a check hook? I don't recall him landing a check hook. It look like a regular short left cross to me.

Back