Anybody see Vera vs Lee on Friday Night Fights?

Freestyler

Purple Belt
Reaction score
What a show of heart by Brian Vera. Everybody was second guessing him, even Teddy Atlas. Everyone was talking about Andy Lee being the next big thing in the MW division and how he trains with Emanual Steward(I think they went to say he lived with him too). Brian was getting completely out techniqued in the opening rounds and even got stumbly and fell in the first. He showed a tremendous chin through the rounds till the 7th. He persevered and came back and had Lee hurt all 7th round. I feel the stoppage might of been early but it was going to happen either way. Vera showed an excellent chin and heart through-out the fight. Anybody else see it? Heres what I found on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Lee+Brian+Vera&search_type=

Yeah, Andy Lee and John Duddy are cut from the same mold in that both of them can punch, and both of them have a modicum of skill. But neither of them have a lick of defense.

yeah vera did a good job making a come back to win:icon_chee,agree about stopaged being early,think one of anounccer mentioned lee still trying to fight back when ref came in to stop it,course vera would have just stopted him in next round anyway.

yeah vera did a good job making a come back to win:icon_chee,agree about stopaged being early,think one of anounccer mentioned lee still trying to fight back when ref came in to stop it,course vera would have just stopted him in next round anyway.
Yeah Vera had all the momentum. He got rocked early in the 6th and they just kept trading and Vera was landing the power shots. Lee was punching and landing but Vera had a hell of chin.

KK: I agree, even Teddy said, why isnt he grabbing and holding?!

Back