Anybody else worry about Overeem and Arvloski's health down the road?

Overeem is one of the most well spoken MMA fighters, he shuts down when he gets tagged once or twice. People like Stipe and JDS absorbed more damage in one 25 minute fight than he has in 20 years.
This. For as many times as he has been KO'd and hit in the head (fights and hard sparring) he is one of the clearest speaking fighters . Shows no signs of brain damage whenever I hear him talk. Who knows in the future though. Arlovski, on the other hand, is always hard to understand and seems to slur a bit but it's hard to know how much of that is the fact that English is definitely not his first language. His English certainly hasn't gotten better since he's lived in the US. If anything I'd say it has gotten worse. Maybe it is a bit of a consequence of fighting.

No, you they don't even know who you are. Why do you give a fuck about them? How much of a fuck you think Alistair Overeem is going to give when you get early onset dementia? None.

They're grown men that can make their own grown-up decisions. They don't need us to be their mommies.

That said, they get to live their 20s and 30s as cage fighting badasses while most of us are stuck being beta cubicle bitches. Some brain damage and an early death is EASILY worth the trade-off.
Well. Frickin. Said.

they converted brain cells into currency on their own accord

No, you they don't even know who you are. Why do you give a fuck about them? How much of a fuck you think Alistair Overeem is going to give when you get early onset dementia? None.

They're grown men that can make their own grown-up decisions. They don't need us to be their mommies.

That said, they get to live their 20s and 30s as cage fighting badasses while most of us are stuck being beta cubicle bitches. Some brain damage and an early death is EASILY worth the trade-off.

You seem so upset with your life. Try some positivity in your life mext time, and fyi assumptions always make people look stupid.

I'm more worried about JDS after Cain 2 and 3. Plus the Stipe fight and Reem KO.

I'd put a million down he has CTE for sure.

No, I don't care what happens to other people because I'm a psychopath.

Concerned over any fighter getting pugilistic dementia is a given.

I think that fighters like Hunt, Roy Nelson, Cabbage Corriea (and Sefo from K-1) are far more likely candidates (as in an order of magnitude 10x) for brain damage as a result of their fighting career than either Arlovski or Overeem are.

I don't even follow the line of reasoning. Both Andrei's and Alistairs brains are fully functional. That is they do EXACTLY what a Homo Sapien does when their brain is concussed. Their brains still shut down like a human beings brain does from blunt force trauma. They are PERFECTLY NORMAL.

Only the most fuctarded teenager get a warm and fuzzy talking Homo Sapien chin FUCTARDED BULLSHIT as a "positive". It is not except for with brain dead children.

Their is NO SUCH THING as a "normal" Homo Sapien brain that reacts from blunt force trauma like your Hunt's and Nelsons. It is NOT impressive that fuctarded kiddies are TOO STUPID to not understand that they DO NOT have solid chins. They ALREADY fucking have brain damage you RETARDS (just like you!).

A healthy brain shuts down on blunt force trauma TO PROTECT ITSELF. Jokes that like to get hit in the face for retarded children's entertainment are 100% already suffering serious brain damage regardless of your retarded ill placed heroism.

Nope, in reality, the dumb asses that are labeled by children as iron chins and too stupid to recognize their genus of Homo are by far the most likely to suffer brain damage from fighting!

give me their money and then I would be worried about them

they're adults

if they want to keep getting their brains fucked up that their thing

Arvloski has lost by knockout 9 times. Overeem has lost by knockout 10 times in MMA and another 3 times in kickboxing.

And in some of those losses they have literally been knocked dead.

I wonder if someone can post the most devastating loss these guys had in GIF form.
i am only worried about my own and the health of my family... ridiculous statements like that just make me facepalm and shake my head

Concussions are no joke. I've had 15 of varying degrees and have firsthand knowledge of what CTE is all about. That said, I can't really say I'm worried or feel sorry for them. They knew what they were getting into when they decided to get punched in the face for a living and, knowing that risk, decided it was worth it.

Will Overeem's heart make it past 40-50?

Why isn't anyone concerned with how Cabbage will be feeling??

Wow, haven't heard that guys name in quite some time

2005-05-07_Tank_Abbott_vs_Wesley__27_27Cabbage_27_27_Correira__28Rumble_on_the_Rock_7_29_1_medium.gif

No, they don't even know who you are. Why do you give a fuck about them? How much of a fuck you think Alistair Overeem is going to give when you get early onset dementia? None.

The truth is always a sour drink to pass, but alas its the truth

But a lot of punishment dosent necessarilly equal brain damage. Look at George Foreman, still elocuent and with his faculties.And he faced a lot of heavy hitters.

how about nick diaz,he's been trading on that chin of his for ever.

Concerned over any fighter getting pugilistic dementia is a given.

I think that fighters like Hunt, Roy Nelson, Cabbage Corriea (and Sefo from K-1) are far more likely candidates (as in an order of magnitude 10x) for brain damage as a result of their fighting career than either Arlovski or Overeem are.

I don't even follow the line of reasoning. Both Andrei's and Alistairs brains are fully functional. That is they do EXACTLY what a Homo Sapien does when their brain is concussed. Their brains still shut down like a human beings brain does from blunt force trauma. They are PERFECTLY NORMAL.

Only the most fuctarded teenager get a warm and fuzzy talking Homo Sapien chin FUCTARDED BULLSHIT as a "positive". It is not except for with brain dead children.

Their is NO SUCH THING as a "normal" Homo Sapien brain that reacts from blunt force trauma like your Hunt's and Nelsons. It is NOT impressive that fuctarded kiddies are TOO STUPID to not understand that they DO NOT have solid chins. They ALREADY fucking have brain damage you RETARDS (just like you!).

A healthy brain shuts down on blunt force trauma TO PROTECT ITSELF. Jokes that like to get hit in the face for retarded children's entertainment are 100% already suffering serious brain damage regardless of your retarded ill placed heroism.

Nope, in reality, the dumb asses that are labeled by children as iron chins and too stupid to recognize their genus of Homo are by far the most likely to suffer brain damage from fighting!

so what you're trying to say is... is normal?

I'm not overly concerned. Sure they may have serious health problems as could many other fighters. It's a choice that they made for a career. Anyone on here may have some health issue to deal with down the road. I wish both guys the best and hope that they have no brain injuries.

Nah, Overeem hasn't really taken that much punishment in his career....

knockout-gif.gif

It's hard to imagine that version of Big Foot now, he was looking pretty dangerous for a while there.

Brutal, brutal finish.

Back