Anybody else worry about Overeem and Arvloski's health down the road?

Willek

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Arvloski has lost by knockout 9 times. Overeem has lost by knockout 10 times in MMA and another 3 times in kickboxing.

And in some of those losses they have literally been knocked dead.

I wonder if someone can post the most devastating loss these guys had in GIF form.

Absolutely. They will have some memory loss most likely.

Overeem doesn't absorb much damage. If he gets hit the fight is over.

Nah, Overeem hasn't really taken that much punishment in his career....

knockout-gif.gif

I'm not sure why they're feeding AA to a beast like Ngannou. He should be fighting the Tim Johnsons and Tyburas of the HW division.

Overeem doesn't absorb much damage. If he gets hit the fight is over.

Was going to come in and say this, Overeem isn't in horrific five round wars, gets blown out which is substantially less of an impact long term, still not great of course either.

These guys know the risks, but that said, there's no question you gotta wonder what type of long-term effects they'll have from all of this damage.

No, they don't even know who you are. Why do you give a fuck about them? How much of a fuck you think Alistair Overeem is going to give when you get early onset dementia? None.

They're grown men that can make their own grown-up decisions. They don't need us to be their mommies.

That said, they get to live their 20s and 30s as cage fighting badasses while most of us are stuck being beta cubicle bitches. Some brain damage and an early death is EASILY worth the trade-off.

Last edited:
More arlovski's whose been knocked dead alot more than the reem. They both got their share of damage tho

I think it's better to have a glass chin and go out, rather than being like hunt who has taken 10x more solid shots to the head

Add that to how Overeem has probably seen his fair share of hard sparring through out the years given his camps in Holland.

So yes, I'm quite worried about his future health and well-being.

Hell yes there will be bad health consequences for both of them in coming years.

I think I'm more worried about Mark Hunt than either of them. Those guys get knocked out & go down but Hunt absorbs much more strikes than either them (and has been knocked out a few times too).

Overeem is one of the most well spoken MMA fighters, he shuts down when he gets tagged once or twice. People like Stipe and JDS absorbed more damage in one 25 minute fight than he has in 20 years.

However, boxing champion Jake LaMotta, THE BRONX BULL, was able to absorb incredible amounts of punishment over the course of his career. He is 95 years today, and seems fine. He married a seventh wife, on January 4, 2013.[;)

Am I worried about those poor guys ?

Worried for 6foot+ famous handsome celebrity fighters with great physiques who just so happen to be millionaires too and that I have absolutely 0 personal interaction with

I'm about as worried about them as they are about me

Why isn't anyone concerned with how Cabbage will be feeling??

Back