Anybody else here have spinal surgery (fusion) done?

Had ACDF surgery after an accident, fused C3, 4, 5, and C6. Took about 12 months to feel better, but it was a life-changing operation for the good. Out of concern for paralysis from re-injuring the neck, haven't rolled in combat since.

People need to know what they might be getting into with the risksa and all.
I'm with Poirerfan, a ton of risks come with the surgery. If you have daily issues from nerves being pressed on from disks pushing on the spinal cord, it could better your life.

The scariest part - signing the disclosure of being paralyzed from either the surgery or unforseen circumstances from nature and former damage from life's activities.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about what happened with your spine.

Have you ever tried peptide or stem cell therapies?

I am a bit curious what BPC157 (and/or TB500) can do for you. As long as you're not allergic/sensitive to it(some small number of people report anhedonia and other symptoms) you could take 1mg once or twice per day though I am guessing even 500mcg would probably work.

ARA290 may be good too. I just read about VD11(specifically for spinal injuries) however it's probably tough to find.

"ARA290 produces long-term relief of allodynia because of activation of the β-common receptor. It is argued that relief of neuropathic pain attributable to ARA290 treatment is related to its antiinflammatory properties, possibly within the central nervous system. Because ARA290, in contrast to erythropoietin, is devoid of hematopoietic and cardiovascular side effects, ARA290 is a promising new drug in the prevention of peripheral nerve injury-induced neuropathic pain in humans."

Stem cell therapies can work near miracles too for some people though it's very expensive.
I thought about it and would love to try it, but that stuff cost many many thousands though from what I understand. Insurance don't cover it.

What not to do
How do these injuries happen

I thought about it and would love to try it, but that stuff cost many many thousands though from what I understand. Insurance don't cover it.
I don't know specifics but Blue Cross just started offering that this year. They sent out stem cell candidates info. Co-worker was in a bad motorcycle accident years ago and only has 1 working hand and a fused neck. He jumped at the chance when it popped up.

I don't know specifics but Blue Cross just started offering that this year. They sent out stem cell candidates info. Co-worker was in a bad motorcycle accident years ago and only has 1 working hand and a fused neck. He jumped at the chance when it popped up.
I already started looking into it. I see another neurosurgeon on the 2nd. I'm gonna ask him about it and see if he can't refer me if they accept my insurance. I'm so far gone though, however I'll try anything at this point. I'd even suck a dick. Lol, I appreciate it.

Stem cells are expensive no doubt.

Peptides are relatively affordable. For example a combo 10mg vial of bpc157 and tb500 each cost about 60 last Dec. But even if it's somewhat more expensive now(let's say 100$), it's roughly 300$ for a months supply and you may need to run it for several months. So it will cost a couple thousand. I know that's significant amount of money for many people but it's worth it in my opinion if it reduces pain, improves mobility, improves quality of life or potentially even heals some things.

Syringes and BAC water are cheap. Syringes are 20$ for 100 and BAC is about 5$ for 30ML(you only use 2 to 3 ML to reconstitute each vial).

Best of luck in your recovery.

Back