Any Workouts For a Tight Hamstring Or Just Rest It?

KoscheckBaby**

BMFGDISAN
Reaction score
I've been getting a nagging feeling in my left hamstring recently. It wasn't very bothersome for about a week, but now it's tight. If I massage it, I can feel a little bit of pain. I know it's not really serious. My question is what should I do? Skip a leg workout and just do upperbody or do some different leg exercises or just stretch? Not sure. I did do some googling, but nothing really seemed definitive. Thanks in advance.

Sit in the bottom of an ATG squat position with no weight. Google "the third world squat"

Don't workout on it, just do some walking to free it up.

Then:

Asian Squat!!! or...

My physical therapist has me doing a single hamstring stretch, which has been better then any of the "standard" things I've done all my life.

Lie on your back flat, legs etc. Lift one leg to your chest bent at the knee. With a five count, stretch it out as far as possible, as soon as you can't any more, Lower the leg SLIGHTLY and stretch it more, keep going till you get the leg COMPLETELY straight.
Repeat 5x to start

Alternate legs.

If your lower back hurts while doing it, bend your opposing knee to relieve the lower back.

I have a good link for hamstring training I'll post when I get off work

Does stretching + Massage + Tiger Balm work for you? It does wonders for me.

Foam rolling, tennis ball rolling, soft tissue work.

My physical therapist has me doing a single hamstring stretch, which has been better then any of the "standard" things I've done all my life.

Lie on your back flat, legs etc. Lift one leg to your chest bent at the knee. With a five count, stretch it out as far as possible, as soon as you can't any more, Lower the leg SLIGHTLY and stretch it more, keep going till you get the leg COMPLETELY straight.
Repeat 5x to start

Alternate legs.

If your lower back hurts while doing it, bend your opposing knee to relieve the lower back.

I had horribly tight hamstrings when I finished school, after seeing a PT they gave me this exact stretch + hold a deep un-weighted squat for 10sec, I can't remember the ammount of reps to do this for, I'lll try dig out the form she gave me.
It's helped me alot, but the hardest part was at first trying to remember to do them daily.

Back