Any update on Giorgio Petrosyan?

Risties style definitely played a roll but Petrosyan certainly didn't look himself. I remember thinking this during the first round that something wasn't right with him even when he was arguably winning at that point. Wasn't as quick and sharp as usual.
Well, I think he didn't look like himself because Ristie threw him off so much. Not sure if Petrosyan has ever fought someone who not only fights well out of both stances, but switches between them constantly and indeed, as part of their overall strategy.

When I was watching, I got the impression that Petrosyan is really used to fighting as a southpaw against guys who only fight out of orthodox stance, and also having a fair amount of time to feel out his opponent and get a sense of their rhythm, because when a guy only fights out of one stance, his attacks are generally more predictable because you know that they will be coming from the same spot (right to left, etc).

Ristie, on the other hand, switches multiple times in a minute, and also attacks while switching stance; stuff like throwing a right rear knee and then putting it down into southpaw stance, and from there, throwing a right lead hook or left rear kick. Just crazy shit. He seems like a pretty awkward guy to fight in general. Not sure if I have ever seen fight someone like that before actually.

It is ultimately just speculation though. Petrosyan did seem to be a little slower for sure, plus he broke his hand (again, oof).
DastardlyMass said:
no that was for the loss in thailand to nonthanan
I'm curious whether you would consider Nonthanan a reputable Thai, or no?

Nonthanun lost to all other good fighters he fought abroad. He is not a world beater,
and that is the whole reason Petro camp picks him to make winner takes all bet
in the first place. Very one dimensional clincher.
He eventually faded away from muay thai scene because of problems with Por Pramuk
camp (like Namsaknoi, Kompayak, Buakaw) and being over 160 pounds.
The last time I heard he is in Thai amateur boxing team super middleweight division,
but haven't got much success.

Nonthanun lost to all other good fighters he fought abroad. He is not a world beater,
and that is the whole reason Petro camp picks him to make winner takes all bet
in the first place. Very one dimensional clincher.
He eventually faded away from muay thai scene because of problems with Por Pramuk
camp (like Namsaknoi, Kompayak, Buakaw) and being over 160 pounds.
The last time I heard he is in Thai amateur boxing team super middleweight division,
but haven't got much success.

Giorgio:-The weight for the fight had been fixed at 72 kilograms. The day of the weight I was at 70 something and the referees did not allow the fight because you had to have the same weight, otherwise you could not fight. So they made me drink a 'stuff' to rehydrate my body and regain a little bit of weight but I began to go to the bathroom every five seconds. I threw out all the fluids in my body. I did not understand. I was young I did not know there was a lot of money for betting. And I went in the ring with cramps. I remember only two days after I started to speak, I could not even do that, I had no strength. I weighed 67 kg.-
I think that is body fell victim to a bacterial infection.

If he had got spiked, he should have gone to the hospital to confirm it like other
controversial cases. Then take the case to the police, he got half the stadium betting
on him, he will get tons of supports. He already got Kaoponlek and Samart on his side lol.

This sounds more like I got sick, but I will fight anyway. After this loss I need an excuse,
ok I and my camp will agree on poison theory and tell every media about it.

And he seriously drank whatever given to him? That was like a no no in fight business.

The only thing i know is that he would have to face Chokdee Por Pramuk at first,and Nonthanan would have to face Rottang Wor Thaweekiat,but Rottang had given forfait at the last minute.

He draw with Pinsinchai before. And he look bigger than Pinsinchai more than 2 weight class. I watch this fight on youtube it's a good fight. Petro did good in r1 and r2 but after that Pinsinchai out clinch him and throw him on the ground more than 15 time and almost KO Petrosyan. But.....it's a draw.

Maybe Brock will not happy with this. But once GOAT in kickboxing was dominated by a Thai midget.

Last edited:
Well, the guy is a fighting genius. I know his hand is broken but it's been over 6 months since that. I hope he comes back and avenges his loss to Ristie. I still think he lost because of broken hand not because Risti
e is that good.
Giorgio-Petrosyan_vice_670.jpg

he still sulking over being knocked out.. blaming his hand same as he blaming the water in the Thailand.... Fighting genius don't think so.. over rated yes

he still sulking over being knocked out.. blaming his hand same as he blaming the water in the Thailand.... Fighting genius don't think so.. over rated yes
Yeah, undefeated for 6 years, wins over Souwer, Kyshenko, Robin, Sudsakorn, Khem, etcetera, two K-1 MAX titles and a Glory Slam title. Super overrated.

Yeah, undefeated for 6 years, wins over Souwer, Kyshenko, Robin, Sudsakorn, Khem, etcetera, two K-1 MAX titles and a Glory Slam title. Super overrated.

Nah those wins are in K1 rule. I hate when people just spam names without
mentioning rule set. Still K1 70 kg GOAT though.

Seems like its cool to hate on Petrosyan these days.

GOAT in K1 rule. Yes!!
Decent fighter in MT rule. Yes!!
I like Petro when he fighting in K1 rule he was great. But when l watch his fight in MT rule (2 fight with Buakaw and Pinsinchai) it's just......

GOAT in K1 rule. Yes!!
Decent fighter in MT rule. Yes!!
I like Petro when he fighting in K1 rule he was great. But when l watch his fight in MT rule (2 fight with Buakaw and Pinsinchai) it's just......
You could say the same shit in reverse for guys like Khem, Suds, and other Nakmuay that took a stab at Kickboxing when their styles are more suited for Muay Thai.

But not that many fights. In six years.. plus won't fight FMT 2 k1 tiles easy pickings against old circuit fighters .. kem & Sudsakorn not FMT

But not that many fights. In six years.. plus won't fight FMT 2 k1 tiles easy pickings against old circuit fighters .. kem & Sudsakorn not FMT
So?

Does that make him overrated?

When everyone else in Kickboxing was catching losses here and there, even the best, he was managing to shut everyone's game down and not lose.

Why would he have to win FTR to not be an overrated Kickboxer?

Kickboxing was in a major slump during that time. Having fought in K-1 not fun to go down from that. Maybe he prefers kickboxing, why should he fight in other rules? 2 different sports, he isn't competing in MMAeither, must be ducking the competition omfg.

Easy pickings? He is fighting everyone there is to fight in Glory rules.

You blame him for losing muay thai fights but not Kem and Sud for losing under K1 rules.

Last edited:
So he's had tough fights and a couple of losses, doesn't make him overrated. He's still the best 70kg champ k1 rules has seen, nobody has done what he has.

Back