Any opinions on Dan Inosanto?

The site looks ok i guess, although several of the assistant instructors have a "1st Degree Black Belt

he'd learn from a person with 2 months training if they could show him something new.

Bingo - I had the fortune to meet him once at a seminar and that's the impression I got. This guy wipes away any doubt I have about the whole "Is Bruce Lee legit" thing.

If Dan/Bruce spent a whole lifetime doing something, and someone shows them a better way - they'd drop the old in a heartbeat and learn the new, then incorporate something from the old that adds to the new thing they just learned.

Reminds me of my old TKD instructor who taught us MT roundhouses, elbows and Judo throws (this was before BJJ existed in America) - great guy

That is cool.

I think the most important thing about the video is at 70 and with everything Dan Inosanto knows he is still teachable.

The best instructors/martial artists are the ones who never stop learning.

he's an old school MA who's evolved and still training. He's a great example for all to learn from

amazing opportunity, really.

PS: try to stay in town when he's coming over.

i train at lovato jiu jitsu and vale tudo under Raphael Jr and Sr. ( Jr, is the current world champion of brazilian jiu jitsu in the super super heavyweight division) and Sr. is an incredible martial artist who trained under Dan and with him and has told me personally the man is an encyclopedia of martial arts information, i know he influenced my teacher and he has 2 world champs at his academy, he doesnt fool around with his Vale tudo. he lso trained mark beacher in muay thai who is one of forrest griffens trainers on this season of the ultimate fighter and he is the head muay thai instructor of the xyience training center. im just saying if Mr. Lovato knows and loves what Dan does then he is the man indeed.

Back