• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any news on the new billion dollar company tryna start an MMA org?

I could see some Saudi Prince doing it. I mean you have one that pays for Abu Dhabi every 2 years, another that pays for an extravagant WWE PPV every year. Surely one will come along that decides he can do MMA as good or better and rival UFC's pay.
They have over half a trillion dollars they could pour into it. All oil money that they're using to try and diversify their portfolio. Where this stupid money they're paying golfer for the LIV Tour is coming from. They supposedly offered Tiger a BILLION dollars and other golfers are getting preposterous sums compared to the already ridiculous PGA Tour money.

They are also on the same network as the UFC and thus not exactly a direct competitor. ESPN presumably sees them as complements

Lol bro, do you not know what residuals are? Spoiler, mma talent get 0 percent for residuals.

Yeah, total revenue is where the 16-20% comes from.

If you're doing percentage of production costs, fighters compensation is already over half.

its a great product but monopoly means exploitation, more the merrier

Elon apparently is a big fan and could finance a bigger-than-the-UFC organization with his pocket change…..

Closest one in America is PFL. They have some money and investors behind them. They are in the red like all the rest of the MMA companies though. It's too late for Bellator. I think they had their shot.
Not American but one fc signed a massive deal with Amazon prime. Probably losing money but they got plenty of it. Their events are fun.

Not American but one fc signed a massive deal with Amazon prime. Probably losing money but they got plenty of it. Their events are fun.
They are so in the red that I don't know if they will be around in a few years.

They all fail when they do this. Hate all you want, but the UFC has been the only company to be successful promoting MMA.

Yeah, total revenue is where the 16-20% comes from.

If you're doing percentage of production costs, fighters compensation is already over half.
And what does comparing fighter costs to UFC production costs tell us other than the UFC is pretty fucking cheap with their production?

Are you just dick tucking on the fact that you didn't know what residuals were and confused them with total revenue? Or the fact that you seem unaware that UFC contracts de facto ban residual payments currently?

They are so in the red that I don't know if they will be around in a few years.
Eh I'd think amazon deal would keep them running for a bit. Also the promotion somewhat serves as advertisement for chartris chain of gyms which are very pricey. Around 4.5k per year according to my friend who trained there. Keep in mind that's singapore money which is now .7 American money

It was not massive, the deal is smaller than their previous TNT deal and somewhere in the 10 to 15 million range. Being on Amazon prime doesn't mean much in of itself unless Amazon is willing to put serious muscle behind it. For reference, the UFC makes more on a month of UFC fight nights.

It was not massive, the deal is smaller than their previous TNT deal and somewhere in the 10 to 15 million range. Being on Amazon prime doesn't mean much in of itself unless Amazon is willing to put serious muscle behind it. For reference, the UFC makes more on a month of UFC fight nights.
Ah i stand corrected. Do you know where to find this info?

Eh I'd think amazon deal would keep them running for a bit. Also the promotion somewhat serves as advertisement for chartris chain of gyms which are very pricey. Around 4.5k per year according to my friend who trained there. Keep in mind that's singapore money which is now .7 American money
I been in Singapore before. It's been ten years though. It is catered to the working professional. They can't really produce a consistent stream of local competitors. TBH other gyms in the area are better for locals. Evolve's schedule is insane though. I think it is almost one class per hour for the whole day. I think they have 4-5 gyms in that tiny country. I believed one of them in the mall closed down. All this might changed though since my info is very dated.

And what does comparing fighter costs to UFC production costs tell us other than the UFC is pretty fucking cheap with their production?

Are you just dick tucking on the fact that you didn't know what residuals were and confused them with total revenue? Or the fact that you seem unaware that UFC contracts de facto ban residual payments currently?
Lol, the quote I posted literally says it was residuals, and it's talking about from their own specific show, not the entire studio's total revenue. NBC universal's revenue is like $35 billion.

Lol, the quote I posted literally says it was residuals, and it's talking about from their own specific show, not the entire studio's total revenue. NBC universal's revenue is like $35 billion.
And what percentage do actors get and what's the overall profit margin? I assume you know these things, since clearly you have a sincere belief in matters of labor pay and aren't just making a bad faith whataboutism to distract, right?

If you find a billionaire who wants to waste some money, it could happen. I've heard BRAVE CF is basically the hobby of a rich middle eastern oil prince, and he doesn't give a fuck if it makes money or not. I could be wrong though.

Not right now, of course and he’s too young and active as a fighter to focus on that.

But Paul will likely be a billionaire within 10 years. I see him crushing Dana and the UFC, unless Dana warms up to him by then. He’s already proven that he can build monster combat sports events without even using pro fighters. You may not like him as a person, but he’s a genius in brand-building.

But his just a contracted fighter for those events. He isn't running the promotions. In 10 years if Paul is a billionaire, I doubt he considers risking his fortune to start an MMA promotion.

I don't deny his done a great job building his brand and cashing in. However if he loses a couple of fights it will all fall to pieces pretty quickly.

In 10 years the landscape will likely be a lot different. While I have my own thoughts on what might happen. I doubt there it will be better to enter then than now. One has significant financial backing and isn't really having an impact on UFC. The biggest problem is TV deals, I don't think there is space for another org to get the same sort of TV deal UFC has.

But Paul will likely be a billionaire within 10 years. I see him crushing Dana and the UFC, unless Dana warms up to him by then..
Absolutely not. What skills does Jake paul have other than being annoying af and being a mediocre amateur boxer? 10 years ago, we had youtubers like Smosh, KevJumba, and Nigahiga and none of them are close to billionaires.

I know it only had two cards, but I think affliction was my favorite promotion of all time. It went under from giving out more than it took in. Sure was over the top and fun though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back