• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any news on the new billion dollar company tryna start an MMA org?

What? AEW doesn’t offer anyone outside of the office staff and EVPs health care and benefits. That entire talking point from the start was debunked by them quickly.

And they didn’t succeed. They’re barely scraping 1M ratings and just had that embarrassing fiasco at the last PPV with CM Punk of all people lol.

A lot of big names in WWE have gone to AEW and other than Cody Rhodes, no one has gone back. They are treated very well, they can make extra money outside and they do not need to partake in the gruesome touring WWE people have to.

They were competing with NXT during the Wednesday night timeslot. WWE got their asses kicked and they had to move NXT to some other day in the week. TNT has renewed them to who the f knows? They'll be in that network for a long time.

I think NBC Universal was one of the names attached to it.

I hope some other org becomes the home of the premier athletes in MMA, so that we have to deal with less of the bullshit WME keeps churning.
Yes, hopefully we can cut out the bullshit and start getting the network that's been churning out boiler plate sitcoms and hacky talkshows with laugh tracks for decades to run things.

The days of fighters only getting 16-20% of revenue are over, and they'll be upgraded to the 3.6% that these networks pay their talent.
SAG-AFTRA typically requires about 3.6% of the gross revenue from any video or TV income to be paid to the actors as residuals

YouTubers boxing will soon evolve into YouTubers MMA

/thread

NBC-Universal will likely serve as the distributor (on their networks or streaming service). As far as the org goes, they can attract talent by providing better healthcare and benefits as well as fair and well defined tiers for payments and sponsorship.

That's how AEW, the pro-wrestling org, succeeded against WWE, even winning against them in the Wednesday night timeslot.

^^

Every MMA org that has survived, pays less than the UFC. Whenever an org tries to attract big talent by paying more than the UFC, they die because they don't generate profit.

Perfect example of the kind of fucking idiot I'm talking about. If you have a problem with it, you don't like it anymore, MOVE ON.

This is such a stupid attitude to have. UFC does not equal the sport of mma. You can have a negative opinion of the UFC but still enjoy the sport. Love it or leave it is a pretty basic mindset and the fact that you're so aggressively defending it makes you look pretty basic too

The only realistic person with the potential to build a rival for the UFC is Jake Paul.

Scott Coker and Jake have roughly the same net worth. Just to put that into perspective, there already is a guy that is on Jake's economic level, and he has been competing with Dana, by essentially running the minor league version of the UFC. No offense, Scott.

Jake also is the guy that lost $3.5 million on fake Pokemon cards. Scott Coker has lost no money on fake Pokemon cards.

Hard pass for me.

Not a chance, his pockets aren't even close to deep enough.
Not right now, of course and he’s too young and active as a fighter to focus on that.

But Paul will likely be a billionaire within 10 years. I see him crushing Dana and the UFC, unless Dana warms up to him by then. He’s already proven that he can build monster combat sports events without even using pro fighters. You may not like him as a person, but he’s a genius in brand-building.

Closest one in America is PFL. They have some money and investors behind them. They are in the red like all the rest of the MMA companies though. It's too late for Bellator. I think they had their shot.

They all suffer from shitty names bellator is too spanish for Muricans and bella is a girl's name. PFL sounds too close to nfl. Strikeforce was a cool name but too ambiguous.

There was news of this before the pandemic. I think NBC Universal was one of the names attached to it.

I just re-watched Wandy-Rampage 2 and I forgot how "grand" MMA was to me. Now all the big events in MMA is just another article on the newsfeeds.

I hope some other org becomes the home of the premier athletes in MMA, so that we have to deal with less of the bullshit WME keeps churning.

Its not gonna happen. Once UFC got bought by Endeavor and they got the ESPN Deal, the competition was truly over. UFC are now fully cemented in their position as the premier mma organization.

Disney was so happy with UFC and the ESPN + deal that they extended/expanded the contract. I guarantee you Disney will make aggressive moves to keep UFC away from other competitors. UFC has been one of their key drivers in Espn+ subscribers growth. Also Ari has been using his hollywood connections to build up UFC personalities/stars into more mainstream names.

UFC just keep rising while its competitors.
One FC is in debt, keeps getting losses and borrowing. Bellator is mismanaged by Paramount and gets UFC scraps.

I could see some Saudi Prince doing it. I mean you have one that pays for Abu Dhabi every 2 years, another that pays for an extravagant WWE PPV every year. Surely one will come along that decides he can do MMA as good or better and rival UFC's pay.

They would never compete with them. The Saudis are friends with the UFC and are in an active partnership that will bring more ppvs to the country. They like UFC and want the middle east to be the fight capital of Europe (like how Vegas is for states)

I could see some Saudi Prince doing it. I mean you have one that pays for Abu Dhabi every 2 years, another that pays for an extravagant WWE PPV every year. Surely one will come along that decides he can do MMA as good or better and rival UFC's pay.
This is interesting. What I wonder though is how many hit pieces Ariel Helwani and all the MMA journos would put out like Golf journos and american media did with Liv-golf.

lol. This shit is awesome. Lowbrow mma “fans” believing that any company can possibly rival the UFC, or do it better.

NOBODY is ever going to do it bigger, or better. Let the hatred, and stupidity of your thoughts and wishes go. When you let hatred rule your emotions and common sense. You’re no better than a snail you put in your fish tank to keep the glass clean.

If it was that fucking EASY..Somebody would have already done it.

Closest one in America is PFL. They have some money and investors behind them. They are in the red like all the rest of the MMA companies though. It's too late for Bellator. I think they had their shot.
They are also on the same network as the UFC and thus not exactly a direct competitor. ESPN presumably sees them as complements
The days of fighters only getting 16-20% of revenue are over, and they'll be upgraded to the 3.6% that these networks pay their talent.
Lol bro, do you not know what residuals are? Spoiler, mma talent get 0 percent for residuals.

NOBODY is ever going to do it bigger, or better. Let the hatred, and stupidity of your thoughts and wishes go. When you let hatred rule your emotions and common sense. You’re no better than a snail you put in your fish tank to keep the glass clean.
Some might even say the UFC folks are once in human history, guys. Which is why everyone still only rides rail lines owned by the Vanderbilts.

Back