Any news on Akiyama?

I understand that & I agree completely that he takes tough fights and gives his best but he's been a complete failure in the UFC. 1-4 w/ a shady win isn't UFC material IMO.

I have no problem with him staying in the UFC. Like others already said, he seemed to get tougher and tougher fights every time he lost. On top of that he is known for bringing fight of the night level excitement.

If he fought conservative and lost to lesser and lesser opponents he would be gone by now.

So, he takes loses to the absolute top of the heap UFC guys and he isn't UFC caliber? The reason he is still around is because he is very marketable.

You gotta win something. Just because you fight the best doesn't mean you're a UFC caliber fighter.

If I fight some UFC fighters does it make me UFC caliber?

Not really. I'd be fine if that greaser never wins another fight in his career.

War Saku.

those damn greasers
The_Greasers.jpg

He's 1-4 since joining the UFC & the win was a pretty shitty decision IMO.

Is he still under contract? If so, why?

It's pretty clear to me he isn't UFC caliber at all, time to go back to Japan & beat up lesser competition.

You are a shitty troll. At least be funny with it. Leben got owned up until the triangle. Is he not UFC caliber either?

If you can get 3 fotn honors with top UFC talent. Then yeah you might just be UFC calliber. But If you stepped into the octagon i personally think that if one of these guys gave you an evil the match probably wouldnt happen. I dont know you so I can't say you can or can't fight.

I hope Akiyama wins so he can finally get a step down in competition.

You gotta win something. Just because you fight the best doesn't mean you're a UFC caliber fighter.

If I fight some UFC fighters does it make me UFC caliber?

I just want you to know I am talking to you. I already wrote this. If you can get fight of the night honors with top UFC talent. You might be UFC caliber

He needs tuneup fights, but tuneup opponents aren't as marketable. Bring in Phil Baroni.

Name calling... yeah...

Not in the sense you're used to I'm sure. It was an easy of saying that you are just stirring up crap on purpose and don't actually believe what you're posting. I'm starting to think you're actually serious.

f you take into consideration the bad judging in the Belcher fight (I scored it for Alan too) then you have to take into consideration the Shields fight too.

what about the sheilds fight?

they each scored two takedowns and jake outstruck him like 120 to 40

what's to take into consideration there buddy?

the takedown defense. 12 out of 14

and the standing there eating strikes (that were worthless no doubt, but still HAPPENED)

it bugs the FUCK outta me that anyone can pretend to make a case that akiyama won that fight. Dude showed up to be target practice for a guy incapable of finishing with strikes. He stuffed some takedowns, landed two of his own, held dominant position for like 56 seconds and he WON?

ROFLMMFAO

unreal

horrible fight, but no possible way shields didn't win that fight. you dont get outstruck almost 3-1, score the same amount of takedowns as your opponent and completely fail to do anything with the two td's and win.

i've said it before: neither man showed up to win a PHYSICAL FIGHT, but Shields was FAR AND AWAY the busier fighter.

Not even debatable to anyone viewing the from an objective standpoint.

and the standing there eating strikes (that were worthless no doubt, but still HAPPENED)

it bugs the FUCK outta me that anyone can pretend to make a case that akiyama won that fight. Dude showed up to be target practice for a guy incapable of finishing with strikes. He stuffed some takedowns, landed two of his own, held dominant position for like 56 seconds and he WON?

ROFLMMFAO

unreal

horrible fight, but no possible way shields didn't win that fight. you dont get outstruck almost 3-1, score the same amount of takedowns as your opponent and completely fail to do anything with the two td's and win.

i've said it before: neither man showed up to win a PHYSICAL FIGHT, but Shields was FAR AND AWAY the busier fighter.

Not even debatable to anyone viewing the from an objective standpoint.

Thought it was close... Obviously shields pitter patter punching doesn't impress everybody. If you can hang with all the top 5-10 guys he's fought then he is legit.

Back