Any kickboxers here? Some questions

RJ Powell**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
1) How old are you

2) How long have you been training

3) Any fights under your belt? If so what is your record if you care to share.

4) What rules do you prefer to fight in? (in general)

---------------------------------
1) 21

2) 4 years

3) A few amateur fights. Really nothing to write home about

4) Full Muay Thai rules

(though for some reason i get bored real easily watching full-rules muay thai, as far as entertainment, i watch K-1, boxing, and some other dutch promotions, practicing and training clinching and knees is by far more exciting than watching them on TV.)

1) How old are you 28

2) How long have you been training Since August of 2007

3) Any fights under your belt? If so what is your record if you care to share. My 1st fight is April 13th.

I want to use my knee's as I am tall and I can catch opponents on the way in with them. However I generally find the long periods of clinching & knee's in Thai fights less action packed but certainly still appreciate them & love the sport.

Ps...

Any advice for my first fight?

I ll be fighting at 180lbs ish, I am tall 6'3 & use my reach well..any advice is appreciated. Thanks

1) 18

2) 2 years (off and on, started more seriously as of late)

3) Some amateur fights, think i got like 50% win about now, since i lost a lot when i first started. Won bronze in the latest nationscup i competed in (in -85kg even though i weighed in at 74,8kg, which means -75kg, kinda happy with that :icon_chee). Though nothing big yet.

4) european kickboxing... what I'm used to anyhow. Wish I could start training with knees, elbows and lowkicks, which I hope to do in not too long (hoping to transition to MMA)

1) 29

2) Judo, Tae Kwon Do and since 2001 Kickboxing, went to Thailand 2004,2006 and 2007 for a combined period of 1 yr.

3) 3 fights, 2 win 1 loss. First fight in Holland, I won that one on points. had 2 fights in Thailand , 1 win by KO and 1 loss on points. After my second fight in Thailand I could not walk for a week. My chins where wrecked from blocking low kicks.

4) K1 / European rules.

Ps...

I ll be fighting at 180lbs ish, I am tall 6'3 & use my reach well..any advice is appreciated. Thanks

Remember that you will forget technique and combo's because all novice fights are fast wild fights, do not worry about that in the ring, it's calles adrenaline and makes you forget things. Listen to your corner... Block lowkicks... or at least try to. ALWAYS.

And the most important advice, HAVE FUN

1) 16
2) since age 5 10 yers
3) 13 fights 10W 3L 2KO
4) MuayTkai and K-1

1) How old are you: 33

2) How long have you been training: since I was 6

3) Any fights under your belt? If so what is your record if you care to share: Some Dojo wars we had in competition with other schools. First sanctioned M.M.A. bout I lost Night of Thunder 2 by armbar. Lost amateur muay thai bout to the champion of our event and another event he fights out of John Fitch's camp Pat Cox.

4) What rules do you prefer to fight in? (in general): Full Muay Thai rules or none at all for M.M.A.

If you look on the Sherdog fight finder you will find me under Bumpy Johnston 0-1 I won the dojo battles (not training) but school challenges lost by decision in the kickboxing bout.... I gassed lol

Ps...

Hey man I just went in my first kick boxing tourney and I'm bout 185 and 6 feet tall. Anyways I got bronze (went 2-1) anyways the guy I lost too was about your height and he used his reach really well. He kept front kicking me in the abdomen and that was throwing off all my attacks. They were really taking a toll on me. After I recoiled from the front kick he would do some punch combinations. Anyways I thought it was a good strategy, especially for a taller guy. Best of luck to you.

1) 18
2)1 year
3)hope to make debute in may
4)muay thai

1) 20
2)on and off since I was 16 now been training consistently since November...
3) 2 fights 2 K.O.s
4) Full Muay Thai rules if in MMA Pride Rules except with elbows :) stomps and soccer kicks all the way baby!

1.) 24
2.) been doing MA for a long while but Muay Thai for about a year
3.) 3 amateur fights 2-1
4.) Amateur Muay Thai

lol, this used to be in the K-1 and Kickboxing forum.

Thanks for moving it i guess.

1) 29
2) four years
3) no fights; more interested in teaching people like my son
4) muay thai baby

1) How old are you

2) How long have you been training

4 years in Mt/kickboxing/boxing, three before in karate = 7 years total

3) Any fights under your belt? If so what is your record if you care to share.

3-0, 2 KO's one TKO

Either kickboxing or Muay thai (incredibly difficult to find MT fights)

Back