• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any Khabib fan feeling uncomfortable about the Tony fight?

Kaiserjuan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I know it's the fight to make and all but that Ferguson guy is a little scary:

Yes you can drop him, but he gets back up and goes "so what?" or just starts rolling to bolivian until he gets his balance back.

Yes, we've seen that you can take him down but then what? He's there with those freakishly long limbs ready to take a neck (and if Dustin almost could, I bet you Tony definitely can)

Yes you may temporarily be winning the striking exchange but in the end he takes over with pressure, pace and by cutting you open.

Ultimately the point is that he has flaws of course but he's always capable of making up for those flaws with some other skill. Wherever the fight goes he always ends up winning and is not intimidated by any fighting situation.

As a Khabib fan this fight scares me a little and a part of me hopes iit does not happen

I'm a big fan of both guys and couldn't be more excited.

Tony should scare Khabib fans though, getting close to him is very risky from the top, from the side, hell if you charge him you risk walking into a spinning elbow or a leg lock.

If he can cut Khabib early, we might see a different type of Khabib fight we have never seen. His bottom elbows are completly savage.

I don't see anyone who poses such a threat to Khabib. Would also love to see Khabib VS Gaethje.

In my mind, if Khabib can beat Tony he's the LW GOAT and if he can keep it up he might very well be the overall GOAT.

I always said that Tony might be the one who beat Khabib.
actually I am not that sure Khabib will take this but it is a fight that we all want to see.

doesnt matter if he lose, everyone will lose and Tony is actually the right opponent.

but if he stops Tony , there is no doubt that he is the best fighter of this era

Nah.

Can't wait to see the hype getting destroyed, and all these people spreading BS for 2 years eating the crow.
(I know they will all disappear tho)

After the Poirier fight it's the opposite btw, the usual big mouthes are not spamming everywhere "ToNy GoNnA kIlL hIm" anymore.

I was way more nervous before 209. The more I see the more convinced I am that people are talking themselves into believing Tony has more of a chance than he does. There’s one reason why I don’t think Tony has a chance, Khabib has proven to be an exceptionally smart fighter. You can talk about how “crazy” Tony is, but having boxed a little in the amateurs I can tell you there’s no fighter more terrifying than a high IQ fighter with talent. Those are usually close to unstoppable. Banking on Tony to cut Khabib with an elbow from bottom is banking on a hale Mary. It’s not a strategy. Tony gets rolled like everyone else.

Yes. Tony is a legit maniac. These two are 5 levels above the others at LW. They make world beaters look like jokes. This fight has to happen.

Yes you can drop him, but he gets back up and goes "so what?" or just starts rolling to bolivian until he gets his balance back.

Yes, we've seen that you can take him down but then what? He's there with those freakishly long limbs ready to take a neck (and if Dustin almost could, I bet you Tony definitely can)

Yes you may temporarily be winning the striking exchange but in the end he takes over with pressure, pace and by cutting you open.

Ultimately the point is that he has flaws of course but he's always capable of making up for those flaws with some other skill. Wherever the fight goes he always ends up winning and is not intimidated by any fighting situation.

As a Khabib fan this fight scares me a little and a part of me hopes iit does not happen

Eddie was paying real close attention on the podcast, so yeah, I'm expecting some slick BJJ shit to go down.

Nope, if anything it excites me. Tony will bring the best out of Khabib and Khabib will triumph!

Maybe when Khabib is 40-0 these threads are gonna stop.

i can't wait, whoever loses is confirmed a trash fighter!

No

How is Tony going to submit Khabib when he's stuck against the cage, his legs are being figure 4d, one hand is being handcuffed and the other is trying to block punches to his face?

Yes, I’ve been a huge Khabib fan since day one and I’m positive Ferguson will finish him.

Nah.

Can't wait to see the hype getting destroyed, and all these people spreading BS for 2 years eating the crow.
(I know they will all disappear tho)

After the Poirier fight it's the opposite btw, the usual big mouthes are not spamming everywhere "ToNy GoNnA kIlL hIm" anymore.

Relax, after the Tony fight we will spam with "Gaethje will kill him" threads.

<BC1>

- - - -
Joking aside - Khabib vs. Tony is the fight to make since 3 god damn years. Everyone want so see that shit and the true "Tony-fanboys" just like me know, that everything can happen. There will be no excuses, let the better man win. Probably it will be Khabib.

Eddie was paying real close attention on the podcast, so yeah, I'm expecting some slick BJJ shit to go down.

He doesn't need too, don't think after 4 scheduled fights, they don't know exactly everything about the other fighter.
It's a thing to analyse a fighter, the question is what are you gonna do about it ?
Everybody knows how Khabib fight, but nobody found a solution yet.
Look how Dustin was desperate "I can't get him the fuck off me, man."

28 - 1

LX6YV1.jpg

Relax, after the Tony fight we will spam with "Gaethje will kill him" threads.

<BC1>

- - - -
Joking aside - Khabib vs. Tony is the fight to make since 3 god damn years. Everyone want so see that shit and the true "Tony-fanboys" just like me know, that everything can happen. There will be no excuses, let the better man win. Probably it will be Khabib.

Yeah I have only respect for the true fans, the thing I hate is the "he gonna kill him" non sense.

Well let it be, it's more the fact that we're hearing that for more than a year now, it's getting a little bit boring.

Let's just hope the fight is happening next.

lol tony isn't subbing khabib..
he'll have good moments but he'll get smeshed

Lee mounted him guess what Khabib is going to do?

Yes, I’ve been a huge Khabib fan since day one and I’m positive Ferguson will finish him.

We all know a lot of fighter's "fans" like you that love a fighter but for some weird reason they are always convinced his fighter is going to lose

nope, it's gonna be a fun fight.

Back