Any hunters on Sherdog?

Anyone who wants to kill things for fun is mentally unbalanced. Instead of spending money on a gun you'd be better advised to spend it on counselling.

Euroweenie

Which really doesn't support your case that carnivore meat isn't awesome. It's apparently more likely to have toxins and heavy metals, but it doesn't mean it tastes bad.

Most birds are carnivores or omnivores too.

Very few birds that people eat are carnivores, most are omnivores though. Including chickens, turkeys and many others you wouldn't suspect. Overall I have no problem with most hunters as long as it's legal and done properly. I'm not a fan of trophy hunting or the ways people use blatant lies and myths to kill predators. Like wolves, "they are going to eat all my cattle" wolves take about .2% of all cattle losses and they aren't going to eat your children.

Very few birds that people eat are carnivores, most are omnivores though. Including chickens, turkeys and many others you wouldn't suspect. Overall I have no problem with most hunters as long as it's legal and done properly. I'm not a fan of trophy hunting or the ways people use blatant lies and myths to kill predators. Like wolves, "they are going to eat all my cattle" wolves take about .2% of all cattle losses and they aren't going to eat your children.

I was surprised when my African Grey went ape shit all over some buffalo wings, turns out if I'm eating it.... he wants some. Some nights he will look at his bird food then at what I'm eating and have a look of WTF???????? Give me some of that

We don't hunt here in Britain because we're civilized.:D

Oh yeah,old fashioned fox hunting is so civilized :rolleyes:

Honestly,hunting isn't as common in the UK because of how ridiculously expensive it is.When I took my safety course,the instructor was telling how one time he had 3 Englishmen in a class.They all said it was cheaper to visit PA and hunt than to hunt in the UK.

Which really doesn't support your case that carnivore meat isn't awesome. It's apparently more likely to have toxins and heavy metals, but it doesn't mean it tastes bad.

Most birds are carnivores or omnivores too.

It also touches upon the fact that the further up the food chain you go, the more you have to eat to get the same amount of nutritional value (That's why the toxins increase up the chain).

It doesn't mean it tastes bad though, no. It just makes it a terrible food source.

This is untrue.

Shark?
Chicken?
Squid?

Like I said before, I can't be arsed to address every animal on the planet on an individual basis.

Can't believe I'm having to explain the food chain to grown men, don't they teach you all this in primary school?

progressive-energy-loss.jpeg

SilverSprings1.gif

It also touches upon the fact that the further up the food chain you go, the more you have to eat to get the same amount of nutritional value (That's why the toxins increase up the chain).

It doesn't mean it tastes bad though, no. It just makes it a terrible food source.

Like I said before, I can't be arsed to address every animal on the planet on an individual basis.

Can't believe I'm having to explain the food chain to grown men, don't they teach you all this in primary school?

progressive-energy-loss.jpeg

Shark and Squid are awesome. Chicken is awesome.

They're all carnivores.

TS, I had a buddy who won the lottery to hunt oreck in New Mexico. They're a horned animal from Africa and have the absolute best meat I've ever eaten. Much better then elk or deer venison. If you ever get the chance to go there I'd suggest taking a crack at one...just don't get caught, lol. Don't have the heart to shoot animals myself, but I'll eat them all day

Oh, and carnivore meat is not as healthy or tasty as herbivore game, it is sad that guy has to point that out. It's a fairly basic concept, I don't think he was referring to fowls and like. TS is talking about bears, and cutlasses animal that eats deer. Bears have a wide palette though so I'd be interested in giving it a try

Last edited:
Oh yeah,old fashioned fox hunting is so civilized :rolleyes:

Honestly,hunting isn't as common in the UK because of how ridiculously expensive it is.When I took my safety course,the instructor was telling how one time he had 3 Englishmen in a class.They all said it was cheaper to visit PA and hunt than to hunt in the UK.

Fox hunting was made illegal about 10 years ago.

Shark and Squid are awesome. Chicken is awesome.

They're all carnivores.

Zookeeper Gabe already said that the birds people eat (inc. Chickens) aren't carnivores, so if you just wanna ignore the fact I don't know what to tell you man.

I love hunting. I think its more the getting out into the woods for awhile then the actual killing. I've hunted Black Bear but have never gotten a shot on one during season. I mostly go for White Tail and Elk, along with they're smaller furry and feathered friends. Id love to go pig hunting. Any sherdoggers got pig problems on their property? Ill come down and kill everything!

that law is very hard to enforce

I never grew up in a family of hunters or anything. Live in a good area for it but just never was my thing. I'll shoot them with my camera, you shoot them with your gun or bow, and lets have a feast :D

The responsible hunting of animals in the wild for their flesh and hides is 1000x more humane than supporting a produce industry that raises its animals in squalor and filth pumped full of chemicals who's sole purpose is to die to feed the lazy obese.

The responsible hunting of animals in the wild for their flesh and hides is 1000x more humane than supporting a produce industry that raises its animals in squalor and filth pumped full of chemicals who's sole purpose is to die to feed the lazy obese.

Definitely agree with that

I grew up bird hunting. My parents raise champion bird dogs as a hobby.

Hunt every now and then. Deer jerky is good.

Back