Any hunters on Sherdog?

youandme

All on the DL.
@Brown
Reaction score
I recently talked to a hunter friend of mine.

He hunts deer and other small game, got me thinking I may dabble in it later in life.

Thoughts?

I enjoy hunting very much

it was the main way i was able to bond with my dad

If I did this I would want to go 100%... eventually graduating to Bears.

graduating? this isnt bjj...

hunting a bear is dangerous but no "harder" than stalking an elk or deer

Anyone who wants to kill things for fun is mentally unbalanced. Instead of spending money on a gun you'd be better advised to spend it on counselling.

Anyone who wants to kill things for fun is mentally unbalanced. Instead of spending money on a gun you'd be better advised to spend it on counselling.

never heard of eating have you?

graduating? this isnt bjj...

hunting a bear is dangerous but no "harder" than stalking an elk or deer

Yeah, but I think I'd need to break my cherry on something safer, just to get the edge off.

Last thing I need is to fuck up due to inexperience and become a statistic.

As for the other poster, I would eat all the meat, but I would also want a trophy, like a bear rug.

It's about being able to say I did it. Flame away.

I haven't been in a while but I'm going to get back into it next year. I don't have high hopes of successfully bringing down an elk my first time but it will be fun.

Yeah, but I think I'd need to break my cherry on something safer, just to get the edge off.

Last thing I need is to fuck up due to inexperience and become a statistic.

As for the other poster, I would eat all the meat, but I would also want a trophy, like a bear rug.

It's about being able to say I did it. Flame away.

start with hard things to shoot like rabbits and squirrels those lil bastards are fast

I used to do a lot but now I mostly shoot clay and paper targets. Hunting gets to be expensive, it's hard to find places to hunt and you don't get to shoot very often.

start with hard things to shoot like rabbits and squirrels those lil bastards are fast

Yeah. My friend sounds like a total wanker also... the guy gave me about 3 or 4 stories where he let a bear run past him from 20 yards or less away.

Honestly, I don't have a death wish like that.

As for the rabbits, yeah, that's a good plan. I may go out with my friend next hunting season and see what it's all about. Expecting to be sitting still for 5 hours doing nothing.

Not of bears, no.

not many bears shot = not many bears eaten

its pretty good betteer than moose imo that could be due to the respective cooks though...

im all for hunting
by hunting i do not mean illegal poaching
i mean hunting in the legal and humane ways and quantities that are extablished for dif species

not many bears shot = not many bears eaten

its pretty good betteer than moose imo that could be due to the respective cooks though...

im all for hunting
by hunting i do not mean illegal poaching
i mean hunting in the legal and humane ways and quantities that are extablished for dif species

If people wanna hunt things to eat, that's all good. If people are doing it for a rush and to feel big then that's pathetic.

I want to take up hunting, it is too much pain to get a firearm in NYC. I found a place to practice archery, and that will suffice, but need to find time for a hunter's safety course.

Drunk bitches, specially nordic ones during Erasmus season

how do you know?

snake and gator are good

bears are omnivores btw

Biomagnification makes eating it more or less pointless. There's no nutritional value. It's also much more likely to be toxic.

Back