• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any close calls on an airplane?

supermurph

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Saw this vid recently and was impressed with her composure flying the convertible.

I was on plane flying from Brasilia to Campinas. Idk what happened on the landing, but felt like the pilot landed short of the runway. The plane shook like crazy, then went back up in the air for a couple seconds before coming down hard again amid the gasps and a few screams. Thankfully, the pilots and plane held up. Aside from the mortality check, no one was hurt, and we all walked away from it.

Anyone ever been on a plane that had an issue where you thought disaster was imminent?

On my last deployment we were flying out of ft. Bragg and the plane was struggling to get altitude. It would go up a little bit then drop then back up. Did this until we got to cruising altitude. Legit thought it was going down. Only thing I could think of was "I hope it's quick and I don't feel anything ".

I think I have a disdain for anything besides my legs for transportation. I've been in many "accidents". I was never in control of said transport. Did I ever mention I hate being blown up? Hit by trucks and my crazy ex hit me with her mum's car. I don't want to think about it now, haha sorry sherbro. Fuck this the reason I wish I knew some of you bros. I would just chat via tele or Xbox live. Someone could write a movie about my life is something I have been hearing since I was like 15.

Also, thanks for deleting the posts with me phone number in them, not sure but it might have been BWR.

I took a flight where the one engine was making a crazy noise during takeoff. I was in the front and the flight attendant was seated in front of me facing back toward the passengers. So my friend asked her what the noise was. She told us once we got to altitude it would stop.

As soon as she said it, the whole cabin filled with the smell of hot plastic. I was certain one of the engines was at least on fire. I started laughing. Not like badass "I laugh in the face of death" laughter, but nervous laughter. My friend looked at me and asked "what is happening" and I told him I was pretty sure the engine was going to blow up.

Then we got to altitude and the smell went away, and the noise stopped and it was like nothing ever happened.

Boeing is, and has been, using DEI hiring procedures. This will be proven to be a detriment to all...except the finances of those who are less qualified to fill open positions. Lack of customer safety and increased deaths, directly due to less than competent hiring and promotions, are sure to only increase.

Leaving Los Roques Venezuela our small puddle jumper aborted take off then turned around and tried again. Twice. People were screaming for their lives and the pilot just turned around and shut the cockpit door before attempts 2 and 3. We de-planed then after awhile realized we had nowhere else as the "airport" was just a runway on a tiny island with no buildings so we got back on and prayed. 4th time was a charm.

On my last deployment we were flying out of ft. Bragg and the plane was struggling to get altitude. It would go up a little bit then drop then back up. Did this until we got to cruising altitude. Legit thought it was going down. Only thing I could think of was "I hope it's quick and I don't feel anything ".
Jesus Christ man. I never passed out from stress, but this might have been the 1st time if I went through this. You guys ever get word what the issue was?

Jesus Christ man. I never passed out from stress, but this might have been the 1st time if I went through this. You guys ever get word what the issue was?
Nope. Once it got to cruising altitude it was was fine. On the way up I kept telling my buddy that something was wrong and he was all "yeah it's normal everything is fine ", then after it was over he said that something was really wrong but didn't want to show it.

In Aug 2014 my flight from ireland to UAE flew over Syria while tthe conflict was pretty intense. I later reported it to the airport/airline and pointed out if this wise due to the war ukraine and MH17. I said its only a matter of time a passenger plane will shot down if they keep doing this. Was completely ignored and every time another plane goes down like Iran i am reminded of this. It feels like a waiting game until i inevitably hear that this plane has disappeared over Syria.

On a flight from Atlanta to Dallas, gust of wind hit the plane right as the wheels were landing. The plane turned sideways and skipped off the runway a couple times. The pilot had to pull up and we circled around and had to do a second landing.

Back in 2003 I was on a flight from Hiroshima to Bangkok. 98% Japanese people on this 7 hour flight.

During hour 2 we hit a BUNCH of turbulence. Enough to make 75% of these weak stomached people to puke in those little baggies. The smell was so bad that I wished they just rerouted the plane to Seoul.

About the worst for me has been air sickness twice and a few times having bossy rude air stewards. The air flights have been uneventful thankfully.

Did know a guy who was an a flight where the plane flipped over, crashing, killing all aboard.

Was on a plane which was in the process of being hijacked by a bunch of Islamist extremists.

Luckily Mark Wahlberg was also on the plane so crisis was averted......there was a lot of blood.
I knew a guy on a FedEx plane that crashed in the Pacific. He survived but had to live on an island all alone for four years.

During take off as we lifted in the Air, an engine caught fire so the pilot immediately turned the plane to land. It was a shitty feeling and i was sitting by the wing so i saw the whole thing.

I wss on my way home for R&R leave from the Iraq War too. I though to myself, "Really? This is how im gonna go after all ive already been thru?"

Back